The Official #1 Tennessee @ Vandy Series Thread (Fri. May 10 7PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. May 11 3PM EST SEC NETWORK) (Sun. May 12 3PM EST ESPN2)

I would be classy and respectful to the media who covers my program. I certainly would not be demeaning to any reporter much less the only female reporter. His disdain for her was palatable. He’s not a good guy.

If you go and look at their board he has always treated her this way and even some of their fans acknowledge it. He definitely has something against females. Maybe he thinks she should be reporting on softball and scoffs at the idea of a woman being a reporter in a men’s sport. Either the disdain he shows her whenever she asks a question is noticeable.
To each their own. I generally hate the media and journalists regardless of sex so I’d probably the same way he is. I get it, especially with the context of what Tennessee has been able to do under his nose

To each their own. I generally hate the media and journalists regardless of sex so I’d probably the same way he is. I get it, especially with the context of what Tennessee has been able to do under his nose
Tough way to grow the program without engaging the media. It’s part of the job for the head coach. See CTV for a positive example of how to engage respectfully and cordially with the media.

I mean I guess the media and networks could stop covering the sport altogether. Everyone would love not being able to watch the sport again. If he were smart he would be grateful for the coverage because the sport is as accessible as ever. He’s an idiot. Pure and simple.

The guy is 62 years old with 900 wins and multiple national championships. He owes nobody anything and I don’t think he is worried about growing the program guys. He probably is the type of guy to secretly wish Vandy is awful after he is done so they worship him forever.

Tough way to grow the program without engaging the media. It’s part of the job for the head coach. See CTV for a positive example of how to engage respectfully and cordially with the media.

He answered the question(s), he gave her two questions…what was he supposed to say? Is player fully healthy? He played today. Would you prefer he say, he’s not all the way there but he’s healthy enough to be better than our other options?

Essentially on the second, he said that line about Jesus…what we got is what we got.

I hate Vandy. I don’t need a reason to go looking for one.

Reactions: volplaya8
I mean I guess the media and networks could stop covering the sport altogether. Everyone would love not being able to watch the sport again. If he were smart he would be grateful for the coverage because the sport is as accessible as ever. He’s an idiot. Pure and simple.
This. Right. Here.

He answered the question(s), he gave her two questions…what was he supposed to say? Is player fully healthy? He played today. Would you prefer he say, he’s not all the way there but he’s healthy enough to be better than our other options?

Essentially on the second, he said that line about Jesus…what we got is what we got.

I think he doesn’t have an answer to the questions asked so he’s being a smart ass and deflecting. Typical signs of insecurity.

He’s a smug jerk. He’s supposed to be a mature professional. He’s paid to represent the program. It’s not that hard to be cordial and respectful especially when you are paid million$ to lead a D1 national baseball program. No need for that attitude and behavior to young journalists who cover the program. That‘s what I’d expect…

Reactions: VolPack22
He’s a smug jerk. He’s supposed to be a mature professional. He’s paid to represent the program. It’s not that hard to be cordial and respectful especially when you are paid million$ to lead a D1 national baseball program. No need for that attitude and behavior to young journalists who cover the program. That‘s what I’d expect…
My goodness you really hate the guy!

I think he doesn’t have an answer to the questions asked so he’s being a smart ass and deflecting. Typical signs of insecurity.

I’ve called him many things over the years, that ain’t one of em. We gotta agree to disagree here. I’m used to Mike Tomlin.

The guy is 62 years old with 900 wins and multiple national championships. He owes nobody anything and I don’t think he is worried about growing the program guys. He probably is the type of guy to secretly wish Vandy is awful after he is done so they worship him forever.
In my book “success” and money doesn’t give you permission to be a jerk. It just shows what a jackass someone is and their true colors. Corbin is a classless clown.

I’ve called him many things over the years, that ain’t one of em. We gotta agree to disagree here. I’m used to Mike Tomlin.
The difference with Mike Tomlin is he abruptly leaves a press conference after a playoff loss whenever he was asked about his contract but then apologizes during his next availability. He is a grown man that is well respected by everyone in the industry and acknowledges when he is in the wrong. Corbin will never apologize and is a petulant child.

Reactions: taylorvol
I hate the way he acts and how demeaning he is to people who he thinks are beneath him. Pompous jackass if you ask me! I wouldn’t spend any time or money if he led our program.
Wait so you are telling me there is a way I could have your season tickets…..hmmmm…you have tempted me now..hahahaha

I think it's how he acted toward her, as opposed to the other journalists....from what I could tell, those other journalists were male. Noticeable difference.

VN Store

Back