The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

D1 Baseball podcast today referred to our super regional as Globo Gym vs Average Joe's, haha.

images

I think the Regionals did us a wealth of Good playing Georgia Tech, Campbell, and Alabama St.

All three threw their best shot at us Pitching

The fact we played from behind in two games helped

Pitchers have at every level Majors included 1 out of 4 bad starts

The relief Pitching the Bull Pen was superior to what I have seen at this level

Errors hopefully got the kinks out of player's system.

Not trailing for all of the Season was good for team but when we did we found out how to win...This is a confidence builder.

We know what to expect from opposing pitchers and how the mix will come into play...Stopping some of the over thinking.

Tournament UMPs are not Calling the same as Regular Season UMPs and have proven to be at times inconsistent. What's more, they have tighten the strike zone in some cases. I will have to say it has been a poor showing. At first I thought it was the difference in Taylor and Russell's ability but the GA Tech game proved me wrong. They were just inconsistent and the Strike Zone seemed to change back and forth as the game progress. This has been the biggest Disappointment.

Our Regional and the Super will give a great cross section of teams we can expect to see in Omaha.

What I have learned, We are Still A CONSISTANT, DEEP, CONFIDANT, and COCKY Team that knows how to Win.

Well said!!

I would like to see us more disciplined at the plate, as I thought we swung at way too many bad pitches.
Also, we have to keep the base runners from stealing so easy. Not sure of the fix, but would love for them to at least cut this in half.

Go Vols!!

Yep. Not only that, but teams are often built to suit their stadium. There's no need to recruit power hitters to ND, because thier power will be neutralized on the warning tracks in that big ballpark in cold weather. So they recruit speed to cover the larger outfields, and get-on-base kinda guys and doubles hitters to drive in runs. On the other hand, a warmer weather place with smaller dimensions will build a club like ours. One concern I have is that our offense is not built for Omaha, but our pitching should shine in that big ballpark.
Charles Schwab and Hoover Met are pretty similar dimensions and we averaged 8.75 runs/gm in Hoover.

“If”? How many times have starters lasted past fifth inning? And that isn’t against mostly top baseball talent. I believe CTV understands the importance of relievers and pinch hitters. I don’t think they get enough credit. Go Vols! I appreciate your opinion.
Our starters, not including Zander, have now gone 5+ innings a combined 29 times out of 49 starts(?) this season (~59%):

Dolly (10) 7 vs SEC
Burns (10) 1 vs Texas, 6 vs SEC
Beam (8) 1 vs Oklahoma, 6 vs SEC
Blade (1) Regional

6+ innings a combined 17 times (~35%):

Dolly (7) 6 vs SEC
Beam (5) All vs SEC
Burns (4) All vs SEC
Blade (1) Regional

]View attachment 462311

Livestream | The Rock (utk.edu)

I am a little disappointed that "The Rock" has been painted for the Super, yet.

Students away for the summer, so I'm not surprised. Plus, the Rock hasn't really been the same since Payton Miller graduated. She was an actual artist and had that thing painted with the most incredible designs for 4-5 years in a row. It's been weak sauce ever since.

Students away for the summer, so I'm not surprised. Plus, the Rock hasn't really been the same since Payton Miller graduated. She was an actual artist and had that thing painted with the most incredible designs for 4-5 years in a row. It's been weak sauce ever since.
Agree, Payton took ownership while she was the Hill.

Our starters, not including Zander, have now gone 5+ innings a combined 29 times out of 49 starts(?) this season (~59%):

Dolly (10) 7 vs SEC
Burns (10) 1 vs Texas, 6 vs SEC
Beam (8) 1 vs Oklahoma, 6 vs SEC
Blade (1) Regional

6+ innings a combined 17 times (~35%):

Dolly (7) 6 vs SEC
Beam (5) All vs SEC
Burns (4) All vs SEC
Blade (1) Regional
Thankful for our relievers for sure! Starters have done very well.

VN Store

Back