The Official #11 TENNESSEE (2-0) at Floriduh (1-1) Thread - Zone Edition - 9/16 @ 7:00 PM EST - from The Bowels of HAIL aka “Da Swamp” - ESPN

I remember once when I was a kid a game vs auburn. Barn had the ball close to scoring and went victory formation. They snapped the ball and the qb dances around and nobody’s doing anything so he snuck around the side and scored. Would have been 85-86. After that I’ve always thought if you get within one step of the qb in victory formation you get a free hit.

I remember once when I was a kid a game vs auburn. Barn had the ball close to scoring and went victory formation. They snapped the ball and the qb dances around and nobody’s doing anything so he snuck around the side and scored. Would have been 85-86. After that I’ve always thought if you get within one step of the qb in victory formation you get a free hit.
I don't know why he didn't just take the knee, but Napier took a timeout with 14 seconds left and we took one with like 5.

The entire ending was stupid, and 5 decided to continue the stupidity after it was already stupid.

Edit: The lack of poise is indicative of something larger, I fear.

Uh oh

@SECOfficiating @SECNetwork BREAKING NEWS—— fan duel has apparently recruited several teams of sec officials. The florida-tennessee game was so obvious.

News story is going to break soon

Reactions: VolNExile
I don't know why he didn't just take the knee, but Napier took a timeout with 14 seconds left and we took one with like 5.

The entire ending was stupid, and 5 decided to continue the stupidity after it was already stupid.

Edit: The lack of poise is indicative of something larger, I fear.
5 didn’t deliver the hit. He came to the defense of the guy who did.
Edit: pretty sure. I’ll watch again to confirm

5 was the primary one swinging after the hit
Big O was the one who initiated contact with the QB
I’m critical of 5 but he’s totally defensive in that video
I’d have trouble as a coach saying anything to him based on the video. “Thomas shouldn’t have done that but you can’t let him stand there by himself among a bunch of gators. Don’t do it again and get out of my office “

I don't know how much flexibility LENF has now with athletes in a world of technology and cameras everywhere.

One would like to believe it shouldn't matter from "team leaders," and I won't incite people by saying kids do dumb things because of the "they're not kids" BS.
But they are, and I did.

or don't break the law in the first place
Do you ever speed, jay walk, text and drive, run stop signs, drive buzzed? All those things are way more dangerous than simple possession. Sure it’s dumb but simple possession like one blunt.

Last edited:
Do you ever speed, jay walk, text and drive, run stop signs, drive buzzed? All those things are was more dangerous than simple possession. Sure it’s dumb but simple possession like one blunt.
yes
no
no
no
no

I see a lot of talk about "law abiding citizens," and I try to be one. But sometimes I violate the speed limit.

But simple possession can be more than one blunt, right?
Was he also speeding? Do you know? Were those charges dropped? Was he texting and driving? Was he driving at all?
We don't know

Point here: we don't know the exact circumstances. Maybe we never will. Why was he stopped in the first place, if he was stopped?
I trust the coach to make the decision on who should play. He knows more about what happened than we do.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
yes
no
no
no
no

I see a lot of talk about "law abiding citizens," and I try to be one. But sometimes I violate the speed limit.

But simple possession can be more than one blunt, right?
Was he also speeding? Do you know? Were those charges dropped? Was he texting and driving? Was he driving at all?
We don't know

Point here: we don't know the exact circumstances. Maybe we never will. Why was he stopped in the first place, if he was stopped?
I trust the coach to make the decision on who should play. He knows more about what happened than we do.
I actually agree. I got sidetracked from my main point though and that’s if this happens at bama and Georgia as well, we never hear about it. Not saying it’s right or wrong, just those schools protect their players.

What my old eyes saw - UF QB did not take a knee. He was dancing around, and a Tennessee player pushed him down. A Florida player punched a Vol. A few feet away, another Florida player squared up towards Vol #5, who squared up in response.

The targeting call was utter BS.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim

VN Store

Back