The Official #15 Tennessee vs. Chattanooga Game Thread, 12:45 PM ET, SEC Network

You do understand this is good for our players. They have a deal with Bru and will sponsor future players because they are getting the publicity.

If you can’t tell who made catch or tackle get a player roster or learn their numbers.
Yeah, I get it. I also get giving the air time and then get back to calling the game. Thanks for the advice, though.

Not just talent based decision. Moore knows the schemes and the playbook backwards and forward. If something happens to Nico, we need someone who can step in Midgard with no adjustments
Right, Moore is a game manager. He knows the offense. He’s been with Heup since the UCF days but he has no upside besides what we’ve already seen. The Freshman, Merk, just showed anyone watching that he has a much higher ceiling and far more talent. I’m not much into game managers. If Nico went down and Moore came in to play the remainder of the season, we’d be lucky to go 6-6. With Merk, I’d feel like we had a chance in most games. To each their own but I’d rather ride or die with Merk.

Reactions: SentinelVol
Right, Moore is a game manager. He knows the offense. He’s been with Heup since the UCF days but he has no upside besides what we’ve already seen. The Freshman, Merk, just showed anyone watching that he has a much higher ceiling and far more talent. I’m not much into game managers. If Nico went down and Moore came in to play the remainder of the season, we’d be lucky to go 6-6. With Merk, I’d feel like we had a chance in most games. To each their own but I’d rather ride or die with Merk.
I have no problem with getting Merk up to speed as quickly as possible. But at this early stage of season, Moore has to be QB2. There is a reason Heup set Nico last year. It takes time to get the mental part of the game down. We are seeing the wisdom of that move now. Nico comes in as a mature and smart QB to match his physical gifts

I was extremely happy both teams seemed to get out relatively injury free
Agree. But speaking of injuries; I wish we could deliver a beatdown like this to dirty scum Akron. But of course, that would only give them another chance to cripple our players

I have no problem with getting Merk up to speed as quickly as possible. But at this early stage of season, Moore has to be QB2. There is a reason Heup set Nico last year. It takes time to get the mental part of the game down. We are seeing the wisdom of that move now. Nico comes in as a mature and smart QB to match his physical gifts
I understand that but let’s all pray that Nico stays healthy. If he went down and Moore had to start, it would be like watching the Guarantano days again. Moore doesn’t exactly exude confidence and capability. Plenty of freshmen have started in the SEC and had NFL success. Merk has an abundance of upside over Moore.

Anyone else catch post game with Nico...we got us a QB for sure.
Guy knew exactly what went wrong when it went wrong and is chomping to get it right.

This is Volnation….give it a few minutes 😂
Actually a lot of poor BVS sufferers have found plenty of pointless items to complain about. It simply amazes me. I have been a fan since the mid 70s, member of the Pride of the Southland until 87 until I graduated and non-stop (for the most part) since. Why do some "fans" find it impossible to enjoy anything. Even a game with 717 yards of offense isn't enough.

You absolutely won't give it a rest will you? You have no earthly idea what the coaches know, but you are an expert. If they feel Merk is a better backup, they will do so. I trust their judgment far more than a fan that refuses to enjoy a very entertaining game. Continue to live this sad fanship. I truly feel sorry for the lack of joy. We won an the SEC and an amazing Sugar Bowl with a game manager QB replacing an all everything superstar QB. If I remember, we had a pretty good 3rd stringer on the bench then as well.

VN Store

Back