The Official #15 Tennessee vs. Chattanooga Game Thread, 12:45 PM ET, SEC Network

Vols fan in Aggieland. The score today reminded me back in the 70s, there was a local store in College Station that would give a discount based on the Aggies margin of victory. Two weeks in a row, the Aggies won by 55 and 60 points. After that, they had to withdraw the offer.

Reactions: Volfan1000
#15 Tennessee Volunteers: 0-0 (0-0 SEC)

165A3913-1200x800.jpg

vs.

(#8 FCS) Chattanooga Mocs: 0-0 (0-0 SOCON)

convert

GAME 1 | AUG. 31, 2024 | 12:45 P.M. ET | KNOXVILLE, TENN. | NEYLAND STADIUM (101,915)

Weather
Hi:
92 / Low: 71 // Precip: 39%

Line: UT -38.5
O/U: 56.5

TV: SEC Network / Watch
Radio: Vol Network (FM 107.7 in Knoxville) / Listen / Live Stats
Satellite Radio: SiriusXM Ch. 158 or 191 // Online: Ch. 961

Chattanooga Game Notes

GV4cK8tWQAA4xRB

Tennessee covered the spread easily today.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Lagway has high potential but it’s one thing to come in with no pressure and garbage time. They should start him and see how he looks, being 100%. Won’t save them form their ****** defense but still

Reactions: norrislakevol
Lagway has high potential but it’s one thing to come in with no pressure and garbage time. They should start him and see how he looks, being 100%. Won’t save them form their ****** defense but still
It will be a 51 to 31 type of game. Vols of course.

We beat Chattanooga like we should beat Chattanooga- very stress-free game. We will get a better idea next week about this team. The real first test will come at Oklahoma.

Reactions: I4Vols
I just hate fans that look for anything to complain about. Let me ask you this, did you make any positive posts today? Did you find anything to be excited about? If you look at my posts, I will always call out those who call our players for no other reason than they have no idea what the coaches have planned. They held Nico out last season to let him acclimate to the offense. It looks like they made a pretty good decision as Nico looked like a 10 year veteran. Bet they have the same plan for Merklinger. The advantage is, they have a more talented 1st string QB to lead the team. Enjoy the blowout.
Sure I posted positive comments today. What wasn’t there to be happy about. Nico played great. The running game was great. The OL and DL played great. The D held their opponent to just over 200 yards. I just think Merk has a MUCH higher ceiling than the 5th year senior Moore. I think you’re assuming too much just because I have more faith in Merk based upon what I saw today. The guy has fire in his eyes. I like his game and demeanor better than Moore’s. He carries himself like a winner. He exudes confidence. He reminds me of Casey Clausen. Again, that’s my opinion based upon what I saw today.

Nice win for the Vols. Did what they were supposed to do! On to the next game.

I’m thinking that TN rolls NC State - Vols win going away by at least 20.

First wow it was hot especially sitting in 2nd level but hydrated well. 2nd Nico Nico. Incredible throwing the football. He is so gifted and will one day be the Top pick in draft Enjoy Ladies and Gents. 3rd Defense deep strong at point of attack Chatt was afraid the throw ball downfield. 4th what about Gilbert the FG Kicker huge question mark coming into this game looked really good. 5th We look like a Top 10 Program from a physical Strength standpoint as we just made a good FCS Team look really bad. With our recruiting going great we are definitely back as a Top 10 program. Go Vols. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: #1HomeGrownUTVOL
I just think Merk has a MUCH higher ceiling than the 5th year senior Moore. I think you’re assuming too much just because I have more faith in Merk based upon what I saw today. The guy has fire in his eyes. I like his game and demeanor better than Moore’s. He carries himself like a winner. He exudes confidence. He reminds me of Casey Clausen. Again, that’s my opinion based upon what I saw today.
The game was racing for Merk. You could see it in his eyes and his decisions. It was all just going too fast.

No worries, it will slow down as he gains experience. He'll be fine, and has a bright future. He's just young/new.

That is Gaston's advantage over him this season. May not have the physical advantages Merk has, but he's got the offensive playbook, design, and philosophy flowing in his veins. For that reason, Gaston will likely remain the #2 all season

Let's just keep knocking on wood for Nico to remain healthy all year long. Because neither Gaston nor Merk have what he's got going on right now.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back