The Official #17 Tennessee vs. #20 Illinois Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, CBS

Good win, team responded well. Lots of good to take away from this one.

But for the love of all that’s holy, learn to break the press! That was inexcusable - our guys acted like they didn’t have a clue on what to do, no man deep until the end, etc. It’s basic things like that that drive me crazy.

Needed it and got it. Win was massive. Welcome back Santi!!! That’s the player we know. He was special. Tennessee scoring 86 while having a 3/20 stretch at a point is something we haven’t seen in a long time. Now let’s go finish non conference strong by god!!!!

Very good W Illinois played really well on the road got scoring from bigs from outside and made there Freebies when they came in as horrible Ft shooting team. Great Team win everyone contributed and Rick now has tape on how to Close out games. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Great win, way to hang on. Need practice vs the press. Refs kept Illinois in it down the stretch. The 10 second call was unbelievable.

Needed this win against a really good Illinois team. Great response in the second half after falling apart at the end of the first. Need to figure out how to get a road win now next Saturday against nc state.

Illinois is a very good team. Great defense and they don't quit. Multiple good shooters. They will win a lot of games. A superb and needed win.

When Vescovi plays well, we almost always win. ZZ had a decent game. Get those guys back 100%, we are going to be fire. Knecht as always, so consistently good.

Ending felt like an eternity.

Great win against a very good team

Tennessee needs to work on getting the ball up against the press, but other than that I was very impressed by everyone today.

Looked legit
I'm certain it will be addressed intensely at the next practice. Probably tomorrow afternoon

Huge win. Still didn’t play up to what I think this team is capable of, but the team battled some adversity and found a way to beat one of the best teams in the Big Ten. Wouldn’t be the least bit shocked if Illinois ended up atop the Big Ten standings when the dust settles. Physical, athletic team with a lot of skill on the offensive end.

VN Store

Back