The Official #17 Tennessee vs. #20 Illinois Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, CBS

I hope that tough schedule does play dividends in March.

I'm holding off on any predictions however lol
Excluding the first half against UNC I am cautiously optimistic though.

The matchup tends to be everything come tourney time. They need to take care of business in the SEC and get a good draw.

Matchup--and how you shoot it.

Yep. Pissed me off. I mean, we are in the 21st century, right? How about a split screen? A picture-in-picture? Just something…..
The so-called meteorologists want to show off their bells & whistles. Margie Ison was THE weather source then...nowadays we are left with millenial doofuses.

Attachments

• Margie Ison_WATE weather.jpg
    Margie Ison_WATE weather.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 12
That has nothing to do with the rule. It states the team shall not be in continuous control of the ball in the back court for 10 seconds. Once the ball is in the air and over the half line it isn't a violation. It even says refs should go to the shot clock to verify. It was on 21 when the ball was no longer in continuous possession in the backcourt.
I was in the car listening to Bob. He mentioned they as the rule. But he said “he guesses TN didn’t have possession…”. I assume there was a turnover and TN player never had control of the ball prior to the ball? airborne?

No whining from Vol fans about officiating? I think we took, what, 8 free throws in the first half--and we ended up with 34. Ha. Fouls were close--I think 22 to 20 for us.

I mean most of the fouls in the second half were in the final 5 minutes when they were purposefully fouling and playing aggressive. I’ll agree that the Hook and Hold early in the 2nd half on Illinois was an awful call, but we only hit 1 free throw on that call.

It was a poorly officiated final 10 minutes both ways. But the officials aren’t why they lost.

The so-called meteorologists want to show off their bells & whistles. Margie Ison was THE weather source then...nowadays we are left with millenial doofuses.
There used to be a Dunkin Donuts on Broadway across the street from Fulton High and I saw Margie there several times. But, the first time I saw her there, I was around 9 (1980) and I thought I had seen a TV/movie star. She even said I was cute and I bragged about it at school, until almost every other classmate said they seen her, too. Weird, the things you remember

NIT? Please keep your trolling to the RF for all our sakes.
sorry you can't do reading comprehension... no where did I say we'd be in the NIT... said/meant we'd have a better chance at cutting down the nets in the NIT than the Dance based on the first half and this season so far... SMH.

I was in the car listening to Bob. He mentioned they as the rule. But he said “he guesses TN didn’t have possession…”. I assume there was a turnover and TN player never had control of the ball prior to the ball? airborne?
With about 8.5 seconds gone, Tennessee passed the ball over the half court line. Tennessee gained possession near the left wing three point line as the shot clock hit 20. However, the ball had long passed the half court line. The rule makes zero mention of possession in the front court at all. It only mentions continuous control in the backcourt.

With our Vols, it all comes down to shooting. If they're making a fair number of shots, they win. When they're 40% and below they lose

Reactions: Carlitovol
“I’m not saying anything about the officials.”

Then goes onto complain about the officials.

Lord. There were three fouls called on them in the first half. There were plenty of fouls called, they were just called on us. The charge call on Knecht, which was ludicrous with the new charging rules, changed the entire last 8 minutes of the first half.

Yep. Pissed me off. I mean, we are in the 21st century, right? How about a split screen? A picture-in-picture? Just something…..
Yes why can't they go split screen showing game in small pic in pic at the lower right corner. Wouldn't affect the weather broadcast at all. In this case it was a tornado warning in Clarksville so understand cutting in but failure to do the pic in pic is just laziness on their part.

Reactions: CPA
Auburn obliterating Indiana --- flying around with confidence making every shot... like we should be doing with our talent. Big self confidence difference in both teams... we are mentally fragile as all Barnes teams are, once we go cold we struggle to pull ourselves together... Auburn has KD who's a dawg and vocal and emotional and keeps the team up and fired up... we need someone like that--- we have DK, but need some fire from some of our guys in games like this to lift everyone one up. We should have played lights out at home but struggled. We just aren't good shooters.

Why does TN not ever get the calls? Even at home? Football and now Bball this season... seriously, is there some Sanky SEC conspiracy against this University???

Reactions: Special Ed
Auburn obliterating Indiana --- flying around with confidence making every shot... like we should be doing with our talent. Big self confidence difference in both teams... we are mentally fragile as all Barnes teams are, once we go cold we struggle to pull ourselves together... Auburn has KD who's a dawg and vocal and emotional and keeps the team up and fired up... we need someone like that--- we have DK, but need some fire from some of our guys in games like this to lift everyone one up. We should have played lights out at home but struggled. We just aren't good shooters.

Why does TN not ever get the calls? Even at home? Football and now Bball this season... seriously, is there some Sanky SEC conspiracy against this University???
What a bizarre post to make after we just beat a top 20 Illinois team and charged back from behind to do it, controlling the whole second half. Meanwhile, Auburn is coming off a loss to Appy State.

“I’m not saying anything about the officials.”

Then goes onto complain about the officials.

He’s not wrong though. I didn’t watch any of the first half running errands, and Bob and Bert said they were letting them play. Somehow, Illinois had 3 (4) in n the first half. Then, they called it tighter. It’s so frustrating watching college officiating. That was an SEC crew, and a couple of those guys just aren’t good.

Whatever. Auburn looked real damn good losing to App St earlier this week

I get your point. Barnes just doesn’t sign emotional, vocal, fiery guys. Maybe that has something to do with confidence and the shooting droughts.

Reactions: volinbama256

This is why you get a hard time. I don’t know why you do it. Auburn can have good games, but they just lost to Appalachian State. KD Johnson is not a great player. You have to get your shots in.

He’s not wrong though. I didn’t watch any of the first half running errands, and Bob and Bert said they were letting them play. Somehow, Illinois had 3 (4) in n the first half. Then, they called it tighter. It’s so frustrating watching college officiating. That was an SEC crew, and a couple of those guys just aren’t good.
In basketball, There’s not conference officials. Refs work across all conferences

In basketball, There’s not conference officials. Refs work across all conferences
The conferences contract with their own pool of officials. You will see the same group do the SEC even though some may do another conference, too.

Evans, Oglesby, and Dailey are all contracted by the SEC. You will see them again multiple times.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back