The Official #17 Tennessee vs. #20 Illinois Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, CBS

Surprised we didn’t see Cade any this game with the length of Illinois.

Bigs had 14 rebounds & 16 points pretty solid showing.

Santi really played a huge role in this win. Big game from him.

DK for not getting much practice is really playing well. Hopefully he doesn’t have any setbacks him at full health will drive this team’s success in SEC play.

Good to see Mashack & ZZ getting after it on defense too!

JJJ had a solid game except for a few bad passes.

Surprised we didn’t see Cade any this game with the length of Illinois.
Barnes had to shorten the rotation because the team needed the win. Barnes went with the guys he trusted. The one issue with playing such a tough schedule is it is hard to work the young guys in. I’m interested in seeing how Barnes gets the young guys involved because SEC play will be here in no time.

Me neither.

This insane schedule is what has me holding out hope for the season.

Just seeing a lot of flaws in this team that could bite them in March though.
Yeah but those flaws came out in losses against 3 current top 10 teams away from home. Playing those games early and exposing those flaws will pay dividends this coming March. If we stay healthy we’re at least Elite 8 this year.

Yeah but those flaws came out in losses against 3 current top 10 teams away from home. Playing those games early and exposing those flaws will pay dividends this coming March. If we stay healthy we’re at least Elite 8 this year.

I hope that tough schedule does play dividends in March.

I'm holding off on any predictions however lol
Excluding the first half against UNC I am cautiously optimistic though.

The matchup tends to be everything come tourney time. They need to take care of business in the SEC and get a good draw.

For sure.. if this team can get, and stay, healthy the sky is the limit.

VN Store

Back