The Official #17 Tennessee vs. #20 Illinois Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, CBS

I have watched nearly every single game we have played in Rick Barnes tenure. We are NOT the only team to have cold spells regardless of what people think. Sure, in the moment it’s frustrating, but as long as we score points I don’t care how it happens. We are a team of streaks like most people, and we scored nearly 90 against the #10 defense in the country.

Coming on here to cape for your boy Bruce the same week he lost to a **** Appt State team is pathetic.
Past Barnes teams did have really long scoring droughts. This team seems to stop them around 4 minutes. That’s normal. We’re far better offensively this year than we’ve ever been under Barnes, save one year.

I look at the big picture and our opponents... I don't live in the orange glass house and wear orange glasses like most do on here who live in the moment but thanks...
Someone gives an opinion you don't like and they can't handle it... they have to challenge it with insults instead of maturely just scrolling past... I didn't realize how many immature people live on here... Gotta remember this world is now full of betas, snowflakes, and participation trophy getters who get triggered too easily if someone says something they don't like or agree with... I'll keep my opinion more to myself since it seems most folks have hissie fits if they don't like it and can't respond maturely... Love the nap time little buddy comment...
I do agree with you on people jumping straight to insults rather than actually discussing the topic.

Man I don’t want to enter this fray but IMO we have several guys who keep us intense and leaders on this team. Maybe not every single game but overall we’ve got several who push us to be better🤷‍♂️. JMO
Vescovi did it with his hustle and effort. Actions speak much louder than words. ZZ did get pretty pumped at times too though.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The difference between last year and this year is that now we have a reliable plan B on offense: get Dalton Knecht the ball and get out of the way.
And we go to it. It’s not just available but coaches have already proven they’re willing to use it and that’s why we’re not seeing these crazy long scoring droughts like we’ve seen in the past.

That's the nature of a one and done crapshoot.
Like 1% of the teams make the Final 4. 4 teams out of something like 350. Less than 5% make the Sweet 16. Look at Kentucky’s recruiting and they haven’t been to the Sweet 16 since the 2018-19 season. Forget Final 4, they haven’t even gotten past the second round the last 4 years! They’ve only made the second round once in the stretch. Yes one year was Covid so there was no tournament but they were 9-16 that year so they wouldn’t even had made any tournament if there had been one. I want more than the Sweet 16 too but the fact we haven’t been past that under Barnes doesn’t make Barnes a failure by any stretch.

Like 1% of the teams make the Final 4. 4 teams out of something like 350. Less than 5% make the Sweet 16. Look at Kentucky’s recruiting and they haven’t been to the Sweet 16 since the 2018-19 season. Forget Final 4, they haven’t even gotten past the second round the last 4 years! They’ve only made the second round once in the stretch. Yes one year was Covid so there was no tournament but they were 9-16 that year so they wouldn’t even had made any tournament if there had been one. I want more than the Sweet 16 too but the fact we haven’t been past that under Barnes doesn’t make Barnes a failure by any stretch.
The guys who show up whenever we lose are the ones who believe it's the only thing that matters

Well, if he wants to call some guys out, then he really should do so with some specific names. Being vague just leads to speculation and taints everyone who didn't play. If he didn't want to be specific, that's understandable, but he didn't have to say anything about a lack of player preparation at all - and he probably shouldn't have.
He said Carr and Phillips would have gotten minutes if the team would have gotten a bigger lead. Barnes stated the team couldn’t afford mistakes in this game. Barnes provided more details in the presser and the media didn’t totally quote him.

Did Jay Wright praising Rick’s in-game adjustments make any heads explode?
Wasn’t it a joy to have a color commentator like Wright who knows the game and discusses the intricacies of the play instead of some dude wanting to talk about a different game or where he ate dinner! Wish we had more CBS games

Maybe so, but this has gone on & ON...don't the nitwits at Channel 5 have the know-how to institute picture-in-picture. It's just plain arrogance/ignorance on their part. GO ARMY.
Yeah, they cut in when we were down 42-38. When they FINALLY got back to the game we were up 50-44. I thought WTF happened?😆. I'm going to watch the second half again this afternoon to see exactly how we got the momentum

Reactions: feathersax
He said Carr and Phillips would have gotten minutes if the team would have gotten a bigger lead. Barnes stated the team couldn’t afford mistakes in this game. Barnes provided more details in the presser and the media didn’t totally quote him.

I noticed this too. Since he separated Carr/Phillips he was definitely referring to Estrella and likely Dilione too since though he’s still ramping back up played last game

Reactions: Vols All Day
Pearl has had some good guards while at Auburn but KD Johnson aint one of them
Pearl had better guards at UT. Most of which inherited from Buzz. Watson, Lofton and Smith. Maze was a transfer. A freaking player. Name the guards he recruited from high school to UT. Ramar Smith? 🤭 Gutty player, but top shelf criminal

VN Store

Back