The Official #17 Tennessee vs. #20 Illinois Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, CBS

If you research back to Tiger Woods 2019 historic Masters Winn, you can read how 1 TV station in Cleveland, Ohio used a split screen during Tiger's win while others chose not to. There was no follow-up story about the FCC taking away their license nor about anyone being fired.
I cannot find this story on google. Do you have a link?

I have read of a few other such cases. Perhaps I was wrong about the split screen coverage. It is certainly not common and most TV stations are going to go full screen.

Last edited:
Has anyone played a tougher schedule than Tennessee has so far? I don't see how.
Only Texas Southern and Eastern Washington. Mainly bc Tennessee Tech is 321 in the RPI. And UT next opponent Georgia Southern is 0 and 9 and 352(out of 362) in the RPI, almost dead last. UT shouldn't even play any starters in the 2nd half.

Just watched the game. We played very good in my opinion. Team can go far. We need a few breaks to go our way this year in the tourney.

Reactions: Lankykong
Santi brings so much to the team. He's a second point on the floor, and can reset the motion when we have a bad look. He knows how to switch and help on defense, and when to stay with his man. He rescued Knecht twice today on defense. He’s the best long ball rebounder on the team at both ends, and he creates great offensive flow when we get stuck. It’s great to see him emerging from a brief rut. He’s needed.

Last edited:
So you don't agree that we go cold way too often with the talent we have and struggle to get out of our funk? Who's our fiery leader?

I guess you haven't watched the last 3-5 seasons where we struggle to win games and lose games based on going cold and not playing with confidence...

Yes, some of our fans ARE stupid.... give me a break... Indiana is 7-1 and beat Maryland and Michigan... they don't SUCK. SMH again.

I was making the point that it would be great to have a fiery leader like KD who could keep us up and confident... we play like that and we wax teams.
The difference between last year and this year is that now we have a reliable plan B on offense: get Dalton Knecht the ball and get out of the way.

Last edited:
So you don't agree that we go cold way too often with the talent we have and struggle to get out of our funk? Who's our fiery leader?

I guess you haven't watched the last 3-5 seasons where we struggle to win games and lose games based on going cold and not playing with confidence...

Yes, some of our fans ARE stupid.... give me a break... Indiana is 7-1 and beat Maryland and Michigan... they don't SUCK. SMH again.

I was making the point that it would be great to have a fiery leader like KD who could keep us up and confident... we play like that and we wax teams.
Since 2017, Tennessee has more wins than any other SEC team. Your argument flies against the face of facts. Holy smokes.

Since 2017, Tennessee has more wins than any other SEC team. Your argument flies against the face of facts. Holy smokes.
That's kind of part of the frustration. We can stack regular season wins like nobody's business but once March comes we **** the bed, repeatedly.

We played well overall today, glad we could muster that 2nd half run, but still went on a long scoring drought and missed like 11 FGs in a row iirc. I am encouraged we are starting to see Santi and ZZ improve, I think JJJ is playing the best ball of his TN career.

Reactions: walkenvol
That's kind of part of the frustration. We can stack regular season wins like nobody's business but once March comes we **** the bed, repeatedly.

We played well overall today, glad we could muster that 2nd half run, but still went on a long scoring drought and missed like 11 FGs in a row iirc. I am encouraged we are starting to see Santi and ZZ improve, I think JJJ is playing the best ball of his TN career.

Every. Team. Has . Scoring. Droughts.
It is part of the game. We scored 86 freaking points…

The referees in the game were absolutely abysmal, however the worst part of the game was Wilkerson on the PA blowing a special moment when a deployed solider surprised his family at the Food City Center, Wilkerson identified his deployment as "Garantano Bay" when in reality the deployment was at Guantanamo Bay, on the coast of Cuba, embarrassing

I'm kissing auburn's ass because I think they have a fiery guy who keeps them up...okay man. And what does that have to do with losing to App St? I am talking about a player who keeps his team up... dang, seriously this has gone off the rails. I guess ignorance is bliss and you can't fix stupid.
We have that guy in ZZ. I wouldn't trade him for Auburn's guy in a million years.

The conferences contract with their own pool of officials. You will see the same group do the SEC even though some may do another conference, too.

Evans, Oglesby, and Dailey are all contracted by the SEC. You will see them again multiple times.
And they will likely do Big Ten & ACC games as well.

Every. Team. Has . Scoring. Droughts.
It is part of the game. We scored 86 freaking points…
It. Happens. Consistently. Every. Game. And. Consistently. Gets. Us. Beat. In. The. Tournament.

Relax, I said we played well overall. I think this team is capable of of fixing it and making a deep run. And yes we scored 86 but we also gave up 79 at home. If we're going to give up 70-80 ppg we certainly can't afford scoring droughts.

Reactions: Pennheel

We missed 11 3 pointers in a row- not FG’s.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It. Happens. Consistently. Every. Game. And. Consistently. Gets. Us. Beat. In. The. Tournament.

Relax, I said we played well overall. I think this team is capable of of fixing it and making a deep run. And yes we scored 86 but we also gave up 79 at home. If we're going to give up 70-80 ppg we certainly can't afford scoring droughts.

It’s not directed just at you but too many people post about that. Truthfully, every team has scoring droughts in every game against good competition. The key is minimizing the other team’s run during that period and not giving up big 3s, loud turnovers and offensive rebounds.
Name one team that doesn’t have scoring droughts against good competition…

It seems like Gainey needs to see one fall down then he is good. At the start of the season, he was hitting the first shot he took. Today after he made the layup, he hit the three.
I agree and I played with guys like that at a high school/playground level. But, Gainey seems to have the philosophy that if he keeps shooting, he will start hitting. I like that, but it can be detrimental to the team

That's the nature of a one and done crapshoot.

VN Store

Back