The Official #17 Tennessee vs. #20 Illinois Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, CBS

Auburn obliterating Indiana --- flying around with confidence making every shot... like we should be doing with our talent. Big self confidence difference in both teams... we are mentally fragile as all Barnes teams are, once we go cold we struggle to pull ourselves together... Auburn has KD who's a dawg and vocal and emotional and keeps the team up and fired up... we need someone like that--- we have DK, but need some fire from some of our guys in games like this to lift everyone one up. We should have played lights out at home but struggled. We just aren't good shooters.

Why does TN not ever get the calls? Even at home? Football and now Bball this season... seriously, is there some Sanky SEC conspiracy against this University???
When we beat Auburn will you bump this post and admit you don’t understand basketball?

Moving the goalposts. Doesn’t matter if you used the word “today” or not. You said “we are a mentally fragile team as all Barnes teams are” which is both an insult (that you claim isn’t an insult) and implying that today we played mentally fragile otherwise why even MAKE that comment?

Also just weird you use KD Johnson of all players as the shining example of a fiery player who keeps his team in games. I can’t even count on two hands the amount of times KD Johnson has lost Auburn a basketball game the past two years.
Same here - I’ve seen KD shoot Auburn out of more games than win games for them, especially when they had Smith and Kessler.

Same here - I’ve seen KD shoot Auburn out of more games than win games for them, especially when they had Smith and Kessler.

It’s baffling. He’s terrible. Even if he has a big game against us it won’t change my mind. For every game he is unconscious from 3, he has about 5-10 where he can’t throw it in the Atlantic Ocean. He is not “the guy” who leads teams to victory like that poster claimed. He’s the opposite.

So what was Kessling referring to “ TN player not having control” and a turnover during that sequence?
To establish possession in the front court a player must have the ball and two feet past line. If all three have not happened in ten seconds then it is a back court violation. Since the ball was in the air at the ten second mark no one on the offense had established possession in the front court.

To establish possession in the front court a player must have the ball and two feet past line. If all three have not happened in ten seconds then it is a back court violation. Since the ball was in the air at the ten second mark no one on the offense had established possession in the front court.
This is a screenshot from the NCAA Basketball rule book. There's zero mention of the ball having to be possesed in the front court. Nothing about two feet down. It only says 10 seconds of continuous control in the backcourt is a violation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231209_222803_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20231209_222803_Samsung Notes.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 18
This is a screenshot from the NCAA Basketball rule book. There's zero mention of the ball having to be possesed in the front court. Nothing about two feet down. It only says 10 seconds of continuous control in the backcourt is a violation.
Go on down a little farther for your answer. Section 12 Backcourt, Article 3B “A live ball is in the front court or backcourt of the team in control as follows: a ball that is not in contact with a player or the playing court retains its same status as when it was last touched by a player or the playing court.” So a ball that is in the air coming from the backcourt is still considered in the back court until it is touched by a player who is in the front court. Being in the air and across the timeline is not enough.

Coach said Phillips wasn’t one of the guys he was referring to.
Well, if he wants to call some guys out, then he really should do so with some specific names. Being vague just leads to speculation and taints everyone who didn't play. If he didn't want to be specific, that's understandable, but he didn't have to say anything about a lack of player preparation at all - and he probably shouldn't have.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Watching multiple games right now... I watch more SEC teams than just TN since it's our conference and we will be playing them in conference play... Why would you not watch other teams?
Alabama giving Purdue everything they can handle and may beat them. Alabama playing at a higher level than us right now.

Auburn playing with confidence and fire unlike we do most games and pointing out that if we had a leader who could keep our team up, fired up, and confident like they do in KD, we'd be blistering teams...

TN is just the best and can do no wrong and plays perfect and never has any issues and screw watching the competition....

There, did I do it right? SMDH...
I watched the second half of that bama Purdue game. Bama in no way looked better than us when we played Purdue or any other game this year except of course defensively the 1st half against UNC.

Last edited:
The referees in the game were absolutely abysmal, however the worst part of the game was Wilkerson on the PA blowing a special moment when a deployed solider surprised his family at the Food City Center, Wilkerson identified his deployment as "Garantano Bay" when in reality the deployment was at Guantanamo Bay, on the coast of Cuba, embarrassing
I’m sure the guy and his family had more important things to worry about. Doubt it ruined their moment.

Reactions: walkenvol
Auburn obliterating Indiana --- flying around with confidence making every shot... like we should be doing with our talent. Big self confidence difference in both teams... we are mentally fragile as all Barnes teams are, once we go cold we struggle to pull ourselves together... Auburn has KD who's a dawg and vocal and emotional and keeps the team up and fired up... we need someone like that--- we have DK, but need some fire from some of our guys in games like this to lift everyone one up. We should have played lights out at home but struggled. We just aren't good shooters.

Why does TN not ever get the calls? Even at home? Football and now Bball this season... seriously, is there some Sanky SEC conspiracy against this University???
As I said… TROLL.

This is why you get a hard time. I don’t know why you do it. Auburn can have good games, but they just lost to Appalachian State. KD Johnson is not a great player. You have to get your shots in.
KD Johnson sucks ass and wouldn’t see time on our team. This guy just sucks off every team from Alabama. I have a degree from UA and current live in 256 and I denounce this loser.

Last edited:
Watching multiple games right now... I watch more SEC teams than just TN since it's our conference and we will be playing them in conference play... Why would you not watch other teams?
Alabama giving Purdue everything they can handle and may beat them. Alabama playing at a higher level than us right now.

Auburn playing with confidence and fire unlike we do most games and pointing out that if we had a leader who could keep our team up, fired up, and confident like they do in KD, we'd be blistering teams...

TN is just the best and can do no wrong and plays perfect and never has any issues and screw watching the competition....

Congrats on watching multiple games and having multiple terrible opinions.

How did that game work out for Bama?

I look at the big picture and our opponents... I don't live in the orange glass house and wear orange glasses like most do on here who live in the moment but thanks...
Someone gives an opinion you don't like and they can't handle it... they have to challenge it with insults instead of maturely just scrolling past... I didn't realize how many immature people live on here... Gotta remember this world is now full of betas, snowflakes, and participation trophy getters who get triggered too easily if someone says something they don't like or agree with... I'll keep my opinion more to myself since it seems most folks have hissie fits if they don't like it and can't respond maturely... Love the nap time little buddy comment...
It looks like he just gave an opinion that you didn't like. Is this your "hissie fit" that you couldn't scroll past? Don't be such a beta or snowflake.

This is the definition of irony.

Last edited:
Well genius, The refs aren’t online during the game. Your shirtless tweetstrorm will not reach them in time.

It’s not like the same thing happens every time we play….oh wait…it does.

And people like you would rather criticize Rick Barnes than realize we’re playing 9 on 5 every game.

Look at the FAU game. Just look on YouTube. You can find a video of just how ridiculous the calls were and how you could feel it shift the momentum. It was insane.

It’s not like the same thing happens every time we play….oh wait…it does.

And people like you would rather criticize Rick Barnes than realize we’re playing 9 on 5 every game.

Look at the FAU game. Just look on YouTube. You can find a video of just how ridiculous the calls were and how you could feel it shift the momentum. It was insane.

Ok, Basketball Alex Jones. Until someone arrives with a tranquilizer gun, please stay away from electricity and fire.

Reactions: berryvol

We’re better than Auburn, will go farther in the tournament and we’re not a bad shooting team. Sometimes our shot selection isn’t great but we do have some good shooters.

And what do you think we did against Purdue?

VN Store

Back