The Official #18 Tennessee @ Texas Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

He was 50% on 3’s on the night going into the last play. I literally have zero problem with him shooting a pretty much wide open look there.

Ehhh name one big shot he has made at UT? He is not that type of dude. He should have passed to Vescovi in the corner.

He was 50% on 3’s on the night going into the last play. I literally have zero problem with him shooting a pretty much wide open look there.

We didn't need 3 and he was the wrong guy to take it. I don't care what he did earlier. Victor Bailey tied the game but I didn't want him taking it either.

Like it doesn’t make sense. Could’ve put KC in to take it all the way and have ZZ and Vescovi spot up
The lineup was ridiculous. Just because they are the ones that made the comeback doesn’t mean they need to be in there for one last play to win the game. With that play call you should have ZZ, KC, Powell, Santi and either JJJ or OK

Reactions: drumvol
Any foul shooting or not we would’ve been at the line for two. DRIVE THE BALL in that situation, but Rick decides to draw up a play for a 27 percent 3 point shooter..

And with that, Tennessee is now a bubble team at risk of missing the tournament.

Is this a real take? We have multiple good wins, have been top 25 all year and are top 15-20 in all ranking sites. We could lose half our remaining games and still make the tournament.

Reactions: I4Vols
He did make 3 of our 5 threes before that. Vescovi was the one that couldn’t hit anything tonight surprisingly. He was a complete no show.

Texas wasn’t going to give Vescovi any open shots. On the screens when SV had the ball,BOTH Tx defenders stayed with SV. Inside guys have to make teams pay by taking the ball to the hoop AND score!

VN Store

Back