The Official #18 Tennessee @ Texas Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

Ha: after all that, and we're all typing how bad we are, we go on a huge run and could have won the game. Didn't like the last play/shot. Well-designed--and yes, James was wide open--but it's a 3. Three/four guys were converging on Ziggy as he drove toward the basket--and he should have been able to find somebody for a 10/12 foot shot, no? Credit to the Vols for the furious comeback--but can't score 3 points in 8 minutes and expect to win a game.

But you could say the same for Texas

Wow, beat by an unranked Texas in a sloppy, ugly game. Gutted. This did absolutely nothing to change my mind. Rick just doesn't have the right stuff.

This game was so much more important than it would appear on paper, for the symbolism if nothing else. For the money we're paying out, we deserve better.

He isn’t 50% for year and not even close. Only need two for the win.

So 1. You don’t get the balL to your best shooter and 2. You should have let him drive.

Siri, what is 3 out of 6? Oh it’s 50%. That’s what JJJ was on the night going into last play. He was hot and shooting above his average.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Honestly, should have put KC in for ORN at end. All guards except James and whoever gets free take it to the rim.

Figured we’d play tight & lose. We really need a Keon or Admiral who can attack the rim. The best guys we have at it are 5’9” & 6’0” wish James or maybe Mashack would do it.

Shooting a 22 footer, down one when your guy is in the paint and kicks it out is not a good play nor is it good basketball. At best with a better shooter than JJJ, that's a 35-38 percent shot.

Exactly! It was a good play--but we could have/should have had somebody open 12/15 feet from the basket, given that at least three Texas players were close to Ziggy when he passed the ball. We could have gotten a shot closer to the basket.

No, at least not yet

Hopefully not, but I think Auburn and Kentucky are probably Ls and 5 of the other 8 are road games. I hope Tennessee can get all 8 of those but I am nervous after tonight's offensive struggles. I realize saying "they're on the bubble" is premature, so everyone's going to jump down my throat about it, but I feel like this team is going to finish with 19 or 20 wins and be chewing their nails on selection day. It just has me nervous.

VN Store

Back