The Official #18 Tennessee @ Texas Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

Need to bounce back and beat A& M Tues night, then @ South Carolina, Vandy @ home and @ Ms State. Still have Arkansas, KY, Auburn.

Reactions: Bigorange123
You guys are the biggest bunch of babies ever. Perfectly play drawn up, and you're complaining about a guy that was shooting 50% from 3 for the game up until that point. If you are claiming that Zeigler should have shot it you either didn't pay attention or don't know basketball. Three defenders crashed into the paint to defend the basket, Z made the absolute right play. He drew the defense in and kicked out to a wide open shooter.

Jo was instrumental in getting us back in the game, why shouldn't he take the last shot?

Also to insinuate we're a bubble team after losing to what will be a top 25 team on the road is asinine. We we're probably a 4 or 5 seed before that game, so you assume we'll drop 30 or so spots from a game we lost by 1.

Look in disappointed we didn't win, but you can't say we don't have heart and didn't give ourselves a great chance to win. One silly foul before the half or making some free throws and we win. Move on.

It’s incredible you have to explain this. Our fans are ignorant with basketball.

You guys are the biggest bunch of babies ever. Perfectly play drawn up, and you're complaining about a guy that was shooting 50% from 3 for the game up until that point. If you are claiming that Zeigler should have shot it you either didn't pay attention or don't know basketball. Three defenders crashed into the paint to defend the basket, Z made the absolute right play. He drew the defense in and kicked out to a wide open shooter.

Jo was instrumental in getting us back in the game, why shouldn't he take the last shot?

Also to insinuate we're a bubble team after losing to what will be a top 25 team on the road is asinine. We we're probably a 4 or 5 seed before that game, so you assume we'll drop 30 or so spots from a game we lost by 1.

Look in disappointed we didn't win, but you can't say we don't have heart and didn't give ourselves a great chance to win. One silly foul before the half or making some free throws and we win. Move on.
Should of, could of, would of. I agree with you, but this is a 40 minute game and we played clueless for 35 minutes of it. We need to show up and stop these dreaded droughts offensively we have each game.

Odds said tonight he was 50/50. There is literally no arguing this.

You don't understand how odds work, do you? Because you flip heads 3 times out of 4 on a quarter, it doesn't mean there's a 75 percent chance your next flip will be heads. You should only shoot a 3 there if you're down by 2 or 3 or have no other way of getting any other shot. 3 pointers are generally going in about 35 percent of the time for any shooter over time. Shots in the paint are closer to 50 percent, if not over 50. It wasn't a good idea to have your choices limited to ZZ beating 4 guys or to shoot a 3. All 4 other players on the floor were beyond the 3pt line.

That’s fine. He’s also a 29% shooter. So an okay shooting night vs a season of percentages? I’ll take the percentages

JJJ, other than SV, has been the best 3 pt shooter the last 4 games. I suspect RB knew they’d get a good look with JJJ but might not with SV( he didn’t get a good look all night).

Reactions: gainesvol82
Using “consistent” in the same sentence as Vescovi is laughable. He is not a power 5 talent in the least.
Double digit scoring in 16 of 20 games thus far this season. In those 16 games he scored less than 13 only once, he averages 14PPG so he’s the definition of consistent. He’s shooting 40% from 3 in SEC games; last I checked that’s P5 basketball and perhaps the deepest league at that.

Last edited:
Wtf are you talking about. UT was a 5 seed before this game. 16, 9, 10, 23, 15, and 5 are teams NET numbers we have lost to. None of them at home. UT is still top 15 in the NET. Also UT next 4 games should help maybe get this team some confidence with Texas AM and Vandy at home, and SC and Mississippi State on the road.

Yeah, I get it, I spoke poorly and now I'm getting mine, which is fine. I shouldn't have said they were a bubble team. They're not a bubble team, not today. They're still in. It just feels to me like they're at risk of being on the bubble if they can't solve these offensive droughts. They have a number of road contests left and I'm worried about them dropping some games they're going to need in hand for Selection Sunday. Auburn and Kentucky are probably two home losses, and they've got five road games. Feels like one big giant big trap to me.

Reactions: VolBalls33
Need to bounce back and beat A& M Tues night, then @ South Carolina, Vandy @ home and @ Ms State. Still have Arkansas, KY, Auburn.

Plus we have Georgia and Missouri so we should end with 20 or more wins. We still have a month to improve offensively .

VN Store

Back