The Official #18 Tennessee @ Texas Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

We have played a gauntlet this year, just hope it pays off by tournament time.

Texas before this game was the #8 ranked team in defensive BPI, they’re going to be higher after tonight (we may be higher too).

We really gotta get some road wins though, we are not showing up away from TBA.

Vandy and Colorado. That’s it. This team is solid, but I’m not all that confident any time we leave TBA. I should feel pretty confident we get it done at South Carolina next road game, I just don’t. Our offense doesn’t know how to travel.

Reactions: tbones0711
I was upset over that call against jjj that gave them the free throw line so they took a one point lead. They showed a replay and JJJ did not make any contact at all. What has to occur for us fans to get a fair game called? We have to accept that they're only human and they are gonna make mistakes? In this instance that one particular call which was incorrect actually cost UT a shot at overtime and a possible win. With all the technology available and the inconsistency of the officials in todays game you'd like to think something could be done about it to make the game more fair. I'm not a crybaby because I actually witnessed it.

I'd like to think because UT was the ranked team that they would not allow themselves to be in that position to start with. This team is off philosophically, strategically, and chemistry-wise because of coaching.
Home whistle in college basketball is the biggest advantage of them all and it sowed tonight. 9/10 tines that call at the half doesn’t get made at home imo

Vandy and Colorado. That’s it. This team is solid, but I’m not all that confident any time we leave TBA. I should feel pretty confident we get it done at South Carolina next road game, I just don’t. Our offense doesn’t know how to travel.

UNC was neutral so technically still a road win. But yeah we need to win some games away from home before tournament.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Ball needs to go in to the low post and then back out. Get back to that old school New York Knicks Ewing, Mason, & Oakley style pound the rock in the paint. Physical slowdown half court offense to match our physical defense. Slugfest on both sides of the court.
It would work if our post wasn’t so inconsistent. ON was aggressive but just couldn’t get anything to fall. He didn’t play bad. Also, go look at that last shot, he took a shoulder from a Texas player and got sent.

Plus we have Georgia and Missouri so we should end with 20 or more wins. We still have a month to improve offensively .
I think we are who we are offensively. We are going to be very streaky on offense. We didn't play good defense in streaks tonight. Can't play streaky on both sides and beat good teams.

You guys are the biggest bunch of babies ever. Perfectly play drawn up, and you're complaining about a guy that was shooting 50% from 3 for the game up until that point. If you are claiming that Zeigler should have shot it you either didn't pay attention or don't know basketball. Three defenders crashed into the paint to defend the basket, Z made the absolute right play. He drew the defense in and kicked out to a wide open shooter.

Jo was instrumental in getting us back in the game, why shouldn't he take the last shot?

Also to insinuate we're a bubble team after losing to what will be a top 25 team on the road is asinine. We we're probably a 4 or 5 seed before that game, so you assume we'll drop 30 or so spots from a game we lost by 1.

Look in disappointed we didn't win, but you can't say we don't have heart and didn't give ourselves a great chance to win. One silly foul before the half or making some free throws and we win. Move on.
Excellent post. Add to it a bunch of these “experts” want Vescovi to have taken the last shot. He was colder than a well digger’s butt in winter and had been awol all game. The Barnes haters always come out after a loss. Pay no attention to folks with agendas.

Uros hurt us tonight. He has played well the last couple weeks though. Gotta hit free throws. Missing the front ends are killers in close games.
He did what we needed to win. He just isn't athletic enough to hang with some bigs.

I think it is. He’s a horrible FT shooter and he’s too careless with the basketball. He averages nearly 3 TOs per game. ZZ had zero tonight. Whenever your starting PG is a 65% FT shooter, that’s a problem. ZZ is about 85%
He's not the only one turning the ball over. The entire game was a sloppy performance punctuated with bad decision making.

I don’t have a problem with JJJ taking the three pointer. I did expect a drive inside to draw the foul. Didn’t happen. I have a bigger problem with the cluster that was the first 35 minutes of play. Sloppy play, horrible shooting.

Guys that was absolutely terrible and crazy at the same time. I was going nuts. JJJ should have drive the lane and drew a foul. Down one you can’t shoot a nba 3

Reactions: chuckiepoo
lol You think you get to pop in after games and set posters straight and it does not go as planned like you think it will.

You already did the talking for me whenever you said this team had no business being in the tournament.

I got news for you pal, tune in to selection Sunday and come back to me, if you have the ability to do so.

Best post so far. All of these erstwhile couch coaches want Ziegler to drive against two guys. Well what if he doesn’t get the foul call? Remember it’s on Texas’ home court and the likelihood is they don’t call anything. He got it to the open man who had been hotter than anybody else. Just didn’t fall. Sometimes that’s just the way it is. Got too far down and should have been playing like that early on. Tennessee is a better team than Texas. Just didn’t play like it till the last 5 minutes.

Worst post so far.

The first 35 minutes were bad, stupid foul right before half comes back. People criticizing Barnes for last shot took by James instead of Vescovi but on previous possession Vescovi had a great look and missed and was off tonight and James had made a few. We need to press more IMO it gets our offense jump started. KC will go pro but next year he will be with Keon Johnson and Jaden Springer in the G league , he is not ready IMO. Win or Lose ,GBO.
Honestly other than 1 or 2 I'm not sure they gave Vescovi good looks. The last one he saw was ok, not a great look though. They smothered him tonight.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back