The Official 2024 NFL Season Thread

I heard the Titans are building a small stadium. This is probably a big reason why. The future is now, my boys.

This is why I stopped playing fantasy. Takes away the enjoyment of rooting for your team.

Bo Nix the Broncos starting QB -- well ok

He's looked really comfortable and Tim Patrick is looking like a fantasy sleeper.

Tim Patrick was every bit as good as Sutton 3 years ago, he just had two unlucky injuries. Finally back.

Nix is going to have the common growing pains so the most wins for a rebuilding Broncos team I see is 6.

Broncos are going to get destroyed this year. 7th toughest SOS and 2nd worst rest schedule. They're a 6 to 8-win team with 3 losses built into the schedule.

All that hand-wringing about the Falcons not supporting Cousins by passing on a pass rusher in the 1st round, and they picked up Judon this past week. They also quietly picked up Justin Simmons, which IDK why this guy was available for so long. Pro bowler last year and all-pro 4 of the last 5. He's 30 but he never gets hurt.

Falcons gotta win this division, but of course they are the Falcons so who knows what will happen.

Somebody on Twitter took Sando's tiers and then added segmentation based on where you fell within your tier...so for example, Lamar Jackson was tier 2, but he was clearly seen as above the rest of tier 2 in the voting.

1724800959370.png

Somebody on Twitter took Sando's tiers and then added segmentation based on where you fell within your tier...so for example, Lamar Jackson was tier 2, but he was clearly seen as above the rest of tier 2 in the voting.

View attachment 670980

The Rodgers respect is absolutely insane. He wasn’t good in 2022. He turns 41 in December, he just tore his Achilles and was already losing mobility. Theres no way he’s a top 14 QB in 2024

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
This was my tiers when I did them over the summer

Jacoby Brissett
Sam Darnold
Daniel Jones
Gardner Minshew

Will Levis
Anthony Richardson
Bryce Young

Derek Carr
Justin Fields
Aaron Rodgers
Deshaun Watson
Russell Wilson

Kirk Cousins
Baker Mayfield
Geno Smith

3+
Trevor Lawrence
Jordan Love
Kyler Murray
Brock Purdy
Tua Tagovailoa

Jalen Hurts
Jared Goff
Dak Prescott
Matthew Stafford

2+
Justin Herbert
C.J. Stroud

Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
Lamar Jackson

1+
Patrick Mahomes

The Rodgers respect is absolutely insane. He wasn’t good in 2022. He turns 41 in December, he just tore his Achilles and was already losing mobility. Theres no way he’s a top 14 QB in 2024

I'm not a Rodgers guy, but I'll believe anything that happens this season. Hell, he could be a top 3 QB in 2024. If he's healthy, I'd bet all my $ he's a top 14 QB

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
RE: Rodgers

Why we should think he'll be awesome: roster is stacked, he doesn't have to do a whole lot, and much better offensive line this season. He'll be throwing the ball away a lot. They'll be so comfortable punting with that D. This is the best hand he's ever been dealt.

Why we should think he'll be awesome: decent chance he falls to the turf monster again, and maybe he's aged out.

I feel like fans (especially of NFC north teams, hehe) are way too hasty in declaring him cooked. He wasn't good in 2022 is what everybody says...I remember him killing it and then getting banged up. Hurt again last year. Maybe he's too old now, but he wasn't too old 2 years ago, and I don't know why people think he was. His stats were really good the first 10 weeks. 19 TD's and 7 picks at 222 ypg and that was with no weapons aside from Aaron Jones.

RE: Rodgers

Why we should think he'll be awesome: roster is stacked, he doesn't have to do a whole lot, and much better offensive line this season. He'll be throwing the ball away a lot. They'll be so comfortable punting with that D. This is the best hand he's ever been dealt.

Why we should think he'll be awesome: decent chance he falls to the turf monster again, and maybe he's aged out.

I feel like fans (especially of NFC north teams, hehe) are way too hasty in declaring him cooked. He wasn't good in 2022 is what everybody says...I remember him killing it and then getting banged up. Hurt again last year. Maybe he's too old now, but he wasn't too old 2 years ago, and I don't know why people think he was. His stats were really good the first 10 weeks. 19 TD's and 7 picks at 222 ypg and that was with no weapons aside from Aaron Jones.

And that's still not top 10 QB play. If you watched him in 2022, he doesn't have the same zip that he used. He was losing mobility. He threw more picks than ever before. And again, that's not factoring in that's in his mid 40's, tore his Achillies last year and also wasn't sure if he was going to play football when he was deciding if he wanted to run for VP or not.

VN Store

Back