The Official #21 Tennessee @ Kentucky Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Hoping for an easy game next week for Home Coming without injuries and allow our backups to get on a rest our starters for Missouri. That’s a huge game to secure a really good season and put the bad taste of FL and the Bama debacle behind us

So while you can't assume victories, TN should be heavy favorites against UCONN and Candy and they should be easy wins. That means going 8-4 is extremely likely, with an outside shot at being in Atlanta with 10 wins if we take care of business and get a little help from Mizzu or Ole Miss.

All the doom and gloomers after the UF and Bama games can suck it.

Reactions: minorvol
Agree, this guy was 28 of 39 for 378 yards tonight. We need to find something.
Leary is an NFL caliber quarterback when he is healthy. He's had two bad injuries that kind of derailed him at NC State. He tore up jack in the 2021 season. Was injured in the 2020 and 2022 season. It's not like some chump got all these yards on us. But he did get too many for our comfort.

So while you can't assume victories, TN should be heavy favorites against UCONN and Candy and they should be easy wins. That means going 8-4 is extremely likely, with an outside shot at being in Atlanta with 10 wins if we take care of business and get a little help from Mizzu or Ole Miss.

All the doom and gloomers after the UF and Bama games can suck it.
We will beat Missouri .... and finish 9-3.

Leary is an NFL caliber quarterback when he is healthy. He's had two bad injuries that kind of derailed him at NC State. He tore up jack in the 2021 season. Was injured in the 2020 and 2022 season. It's not like some chump got all these yards on us. But he did get too many for our comfort.

He's better than Levis in my opinion, but 400 yards is way too much.

He was breaking open...Joe would have had to hurry the throw..cuz when he steps up.he is hit..he got pressure from the left and left center
I'm not a strong enough thrower, but Joe may be, to unload that past the LOS and all the way to the right sideline without being able to take a step. That's all I see. He's cooked after Spraggins whiffs.

His first INT was a "very wounded duck" 30yd or so floater pass made with little more than half his arm motion and a guy holding his waist, I think. Stupid pass, but damn strong arm to throw it that far with almost no mechanics.

Reactions: whodeycin85

Cook is an NFL caliber QB too. You might argue he's a better NFL prospect than Leary.

Reactions: GoVols1961
Mizzu will be tough on the road. Cook will pick us apart if we don't get better pressure than we got tonight. Leary had a clean pocket way too often tonight.
We get to play offense too, don't we? We should be able to run at will on them. Also, based on our 66 points in each of the last two games, Heupel seems to have a good read on how to attack that Missouri defense.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Uhhh, we get to play offense too, don't we? We should be able to run at will on them. Also, based on our 66 points in each of the last two games, Heupel seems to have a good read on how to attack that Missouri defense.

I'm just saying it should be a tough game. Certainly not a game I am chalking up as an automatic win.

The team that played today sold out to shutdown the sec’s leading rusher. They won’t be selling out to stop the run vs mizzou.
Wouldn’t be so sure about that. Mizzou’s RB is technically the sec leading rusher. Something will have to change with our DBs for that game, soft coverage won’t work.

Wes Rucker
@wesrucker247
·
4m
#Vols sophomore RB Dylan Sampson said senior center Cooper Mays looked at him before a drive tonight and said, "Why not you? Why not you to go win this game?"

You just can’t coach that. What a great kid!

I hope Kevin cherishes this more than any of them boys’ trophies in the case.

Rocky Top Insider
@rockytopinsider
·
38m

Josh Heupel did not comment when asked what Kentucky was doing well to keep Devin Leary from getting pressured a lot tonight.

Rocky Top Insider
@rockytopinsider
·
22m

Sampson on breaking tackles: "It's instinct. The only thing in my mind is to stay up. Teammates always tell me to go make a play. Cooper Mays told me, 'Why not you?'"

Rocky Top Insider

@rockytopinsider
·
33m

Omari Thomas on why it was tough to get to Devin Leary:"Kentucky blocked really well and kind of threw us off. They have a good offensive line."

Reactions: jarnol32

VN Store

Back