The Official #21 Tennessee @ Kentucky Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

He was running clock because it was 3rd and long and didn’t want to kick it back to KY with 3 timeouts and a minute left. He can’t assume that we would convert. Also if we did covert, we still had all 3 timeouts.
Finally, the voice of reason emerges.

Reactions: minorvol
Out of morbid curiosity, I wonder how many times the opposing offense has been called for holding our guys this year?

You're wrong, sorry
I think our D is too soft in coverage. I understand the concept of zone but you are playing against the bottom three passing games in the SEC. If you get beat on one play, live with it and move on. But bringing pressure and press coverage will lead to sacks and turnovers.

Great point. I understand that he didn’t want KY to get the ball back before the half. So if they is the case, then he didn’t have faith in Joe and the offense. There was a minute and half (or so) with three timeouts. Plus the chains stop in first downs.
I'm not sure WHY he would have as much faith in the efficiency of this offense as he did last year's offense. They were exceptional.

This is not last year's offense but everyone seems to expect Heupel to call the same plays. That would be dumb. The QB and the WRs last year were really able to do things this years team can't.

Heupel has adjusted.

VN Store

Back