The Official #21 Tennessee vs. #17 Iowa Citrus Bowl Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ABC

Get over it man. We went 8-4 and really only Florida was because Milton played terribly. Bama was coaching, UGA was UGA, and Mizzou was because the defense had no heart. And besides, you saw this oline play today. You really wanted 400 pounders from the SEC giving him those hits all season long? Just give it a rest. The torch has been past and now it’s Nico time! Time to move on from the past and look forward to the future, which is very bright!
We probably would've been about the same. Iowa didn't live up to their D ranking so we basically controlled them. I agree coaching cost us the Bama game. 2nd half the play calling totally changed. I think Nico only went down field once and Keyton couldn't find the ball. SEC play would've been a chore with this OL
Definitely looking forward to the incoming WR's hoping they can take the top off the D and getting Bru back. Also secondary is getting help.
Looking forward to next season

Couldn’t watch….whats the overall take on Nico starting and playing his first full game?
Played very well in my opinion. Didn’t make any mistakes other than taking a sack in the 2 minute drill to end first half.

Not sure if it is the play calling or if he hasn’t grasped the playbook but it seemed as though play calling was very vanilla

Reactions: Vol737
We probably would've been about the same. Iowa didn't live up to their D ranking so we basically controlled them. I agree coaching cost us the Bama game. 2nd half the play calling totally changed. I think Nico only went down field once and Keyton couldn't find the ball. SEC play would've been a chore with this OL
Definitely looking forward to the incoming WR's hoping they can take the top off the D and getting Bru back. Also secondary is getting help.
Looking forward to next season
I agree if Iowa played in the SEC that defense wouldn’t be ranked in the top 50.

We have some limp wristed cowards on this board. Classless? It’s the number 5 defense in the country against a third string senior QB. Let the senior go out and have a chance to score in his last game as a Vol. You think you owe Iowa more by being “classy” or you owe the guy that’s been part of the program more? Some of you are such pusses looking for any chance to complain.
??? What QB you talking about?

Classless is defined by going for it on fourth down on your 34 yard line in a vain effort to steal the shutout accomplishment of your opponent, and then expect that opponent to just take a knee. If you want mercy, punt the damn football, Iowa!

Obviously you haven't watched much Alabama or Georgia football. Both Saban and Smart both try to run the clock out and take knees when the game is well in hand. Even in the Georgia vs Florida State boat race Smart was running pure vanilla plays at the end but FSU was just simply awful. Act like you've been there before.
What wasn’t vanilla about what TN was doing? GTFO with that crap. Ga was still throwing late in the game against FSU.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
Couldn’t watch….whats the overall take on Nico starting and playing his first full game?

Nico looked smart and very fast. Good throws. Keyton dropped a good ball and stopped running on a good bomb.
Sampson didn’t block particularly well and Nico was under pressure a lot, but still kept driving.

Reactions: Vol737

VN Store

Back