The Official #4 Tennessee @ Arkansas Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, ABC

The last 2 games by heupel has really shown he hasn't learned anything from the previous 3 seasons. Plays conservative in a close ballgame. That's the difference in him and other top teir coaches. Most would have went more on 4th down due to points being at a premium but heupel wants to trust the defense that couldn't stop them all night and to top it all off we lose to the backup qb

You can't say that very often but yeah this was probably Heupel's worst coached game.
Well, he did the same vs OU and got away with it.

You learn stuff about your coach as you get more years with them. Heupel is great when his offense is clicking and that's why we could run it up on lesser talent.

When the talent is equal or nearly equal or greater, Heupel doesn't seem to have anything but a very poor ball control offensive strategy when he gets a lead on a good team.

This isn't a personnel problem. This is a coaching philosophy problem.

I saw a QB once throw the ball, have it batted back to him and then he threw it again and got a stupid penalty. Yes he was a young college QB but he had been playing long enough to know you can’t do that so I said yeah that kid doesn’t have it between the ears. Now we sit here and Matt Stafford is a Super Bowl champ and had a great college career. Nico will learn and be fine.

Reactions: BlackhorseVol
A two touchdown favorite coming off a bye week and just stunk. The good news is I will not be on the edge of my seat the remainder of the season. We're not that good.

It's hilarious most Arky fans thought they'd lose by 2 or 3 TDs.

Heupel is going to say the Oline let Nico down, and there is some truth to that. A lot of it was Nico just never getting in tune with the game. By the end, he was too gunshy to step up in the pocket and hit Thornton. If he is as good as I think he is, he will take a lot from this game.

At this point I think Heupel is afraid of moving from the Milton playbook to the Hooker playbook.

Reactions: nomads-11

VN Store

Back