The Official #4 Tennessee vs #14 Alabama Game Thread, Saturday 8pm/ESPN

I just don’t get how we just conceded everything inside and went back to taking (mostly) not good looks too quick in the clock.
This, Im perplexed as to why ut would play Alabamas strengths, guards fast breaks, quick 3s, instead of slowing the ball down and letting our length and talent take over.
You get into a fast break game and anything can happen that’s why young teams do it.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
I mean we gave up a 10 point lead in 3 minutes. Thats just terrible. Don’t really have many words.

We forced shots, stopped defending well, and turned it over. Going to be tough to win this game if Alabama keeps hitting 3’s at this clip.
You aren’t going to bury a team like that on their home floor in the first half no matter what you do. 10 point first half leads in modern basketball are nothing. You know this.

As I've been saying for awhile: our poison is/will be getting both big guys in early foul trouble. In that situation, teams can focus solely on DK, and nobody else is capable of reliable shotmaking.

BS foul calls on our bigs changed the first half. JJJ and Vescovi have to step up and do something on the offensive end!

Well, we’re only down 2 because we had 10 to give when we imploded. But you are correct, if we play the first four of the 2nd like the last four of the first, it will be grim indeed.

Will spell danger of getting run out of the gym. Just gotta be sharper and I think we’re at the point where Barnes will have to take the risk of playing guys in foul trouble. Second half on the road against a good team. Probably not going to win without taking chances.

JJJ is useless, won’t even try to help score.
There is times he catches it with a screen right in front of him with a wide open 3 and looks for a pass instead. Seems he mainly takes his 3s from the corners. Same distance at the top of the key.

Sad that our coaches don't understand how to exploit that... Should've driven on those two every possession instead of heaving up threes

I’ll take the guy that has over 800 wins over your assessment.

On one hand, we are close and we played at least 10 minutes without a serviceable big in sight.

On the other hand, we just went completely away from our game and took a lot of garbage shots in the last 3 minutes of the half - and didn’t bother to rebound or close out.

Mixed bag. Get back to our game in the 2nd and hope Pat & Company don’t assert themselves in the game.

lost our lead but Aidoo only played to the 14-15 min, and Awaka around 5-6 min.

Edit- meant, Aidoo played up to the 14-15 min mark.

Attachments

• 07F65842-652C-4296-8D0C-78DEE7871BBC.png
    07F65842-652C-4296-8D0C-78DEE7871BBC.png
    238 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

VN Store

Back