The Official #4 Tennessee vs #14 Alabama Game Thread, Saturday 8pm/ESPN

This, Im perplexed as to why ut would play Alabamas strengths, guards fast breaks, quick 3s, instead of slowing the ball down and letting our length and talent take over.
You get into a fast break game and anything can happen that’s why young teams do it.
Because we had no length for the last 10 minutes of the half. JJJ was playing center.

Reactions: JCP201
I think Alabama's tempo has sped us up even in the half court and our poor shooting % from the field shows it. Just need to stop playing in such a rush in half court. The end of the half sucked as we should have the lead. Definitely need to hit the open 3's when they present themselves. The difference is Alabama has hit 2 more three's than us. I still like us playing in the paint in the 2nd half. Aidoo, Awaka and that curl with Knecht all day in the 2nd half. If Bama continues to double Knecht on perimeter it may be good to let him bring the ball up the court and let him pass out of the double team and let others make plays.

Alabama’s shot release is so quick, looks like they’re rushing their shots and chucking them in, but they go in. Having Aidoo back will hopefully help but hope he can defend without fouling.
He only fouled Once in the first half.. but Adam's was there

Oates called a time out in front of the under 4 to calm his team down, then reset at the under 4 timeout, not using time outs is coaching malpractice and the inability to stop a run or a shift in momentum has been a Barnes trademark which usually bites and draws blood in tournament play, when you have to coach your resources through in game troubles and adjustments, you can't just roll the ball out there and scream at the referees,
Nothing about this game is a harbinger of what’s to come in the tournament, good or bad. We won’t see a team this good until at least the Elite Eight and it won’t be a true road game if we do.

Reactions: Volstylexx
Going to have to score 90 to win or hope Bama makes < 3 3’s to pull this out I think. Wouldn’t count on the 2nd one happening.

we have also gone on 10 point runs on them, IMO there will be a bunch of mini runs and if we can come out start knocking down those open 3s, we are getting good shots just not falling if they were, would be like Knoxville game up 20.

That’s fair. Just think that the road team when they get up big needs to be able to limit lightning fast runs if they want to win. We got up 10 twice and watched both leads disappear in like 2 minutes of game time total.

Need to find a way to limit Alabama’s major runs.

On one hand, we are close and we played at least 10 minutes without a serviceable big in sight.

On the other hand, we just went completely away from our game and took a lot of garbage shots in the last 3 minutes of the half - and didn’t bother to rebound or close out.

Mixed bag. Get back to our game in the 2nd and hope Pat & Company don’t assert themselves in the game.
Hard to rebound when your biggest man is
6-6.

I like Awaka to start the second half..I like his physicality against this bunch in the paint.

VN Store

Back