The Official #5 Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

This team is having trouble creating shots right now. It was good to see Grant get something going, he hasn't been himself recently.

Bone was way off tonight. He had problems taking care of the ball, he's been trending this direction for a few games now.

Alexander has been consistently inconsistent, he contributes in spurts and then disappears, been his M.O. all year.

This team isn't passing and working the defense to set up their shot. They look gassed and beat down. Bad time of year for that to happen, still a lot of basketball left and the SEC tourney. Will they have enough in the tank down the stretch?

Reactions: Giveem6
moments of fire followed by head-scratchers..... My honest take on it was open shots weren't taken, seemed like they hesitated looking for a pass instead of busting a shot. I wonder if it had something to do with the "selfish play" comment from the Kentucky game

Win and rest. I think the grind is showing.
Best post of the day! Support your VOLS and avoid making it worse. Tennessee fans seem to be the worst when it comes to handling success. Our team needs your support. They are obviously tired, beat up, and the sporadic cheers at home last night didn’t help. Kentucky, Bama, fans make us look like we are sitting on our hands waiting for disaster.

The officials are the least of our problems. Barnes has one helluva dilemma. He's got to rest this team somehow. Do you play the bench and take the losses...in essence sacrifice the SEC title for the NCAAT? Or do you continue to play a short bench and risk an early departure from the tournament. He's paid a ton to make these tough decisions, but I'd give these kids a rest until Saturday. I'd alter my rotation to minimize the minutes I play my starters and let the chips fall where they may. Personally, I don't really care about the SEC regular season title or the SECT title. I want to make some noise in the NCAA tournament. Fans won't like it to be sure. To be #1 for so long then end the season with 2-3 more losses and see UK take the east will be a bitter pill to swallow, but with the way these guys are playing now, I think the SEC title is a pipe dream anyway. The NCAA would be my focus....but I'm not the coach. Gonna be a tough/long row to hoe the rest of the way to be sure.
So much stupid up in here

VN Store

Back