The Official #5 Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Just because you child goes to UT does not make you a UT fan. For example, I have friends who are married and went to Ole Miss and UT. Both their kids went to Auburn. Do you think they are Auburn fans.
Where did he say his kids went to UT? He said pay HIS student loan. Damn. You can’t fix stupid.

Reactions: tnvols72
I noticed in the Kentucky game, and especially tonight, it really just looks like our guys are exhausted. An ugly win is still a win. Maybe the can rest up before Saturday.
Exactly, this team looks gassed, no energy. Maybe Barnes needs to give them a couple of days off because there's no way they are winning Saturday unless they get some energy before that game

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Kyle’s play has changed. Right now he is playing uninspired basketball. He had 3 pt, 3 r, 1b, and 1f. We don’t have the team like Duke, were we have players so talented that we can get nothing from the others. For us to be successful in the tournament, we need everyone to be playing at their best.
Kyle Alexander in sec play:

Seems odd that all of a sudden this is a problem

Reactions: Larkin
I don't think the weight of the season rides on Alexander. He needs to help us but so do a lot of other guys.
Right. He would be a huge bonus to this team if he can start having a big impact on the game. He could help take us deeper in the tournament. But that’s not something that has all of a sudden changed in the last week... that’s always been the case

I don't think the weight of the season rides on Alexander. He needs to help us but so do a lot of other guys.

They just haven’t been playing the style of basketball that got them here. The team looks out of rhythm. Could be tired. Might be a slump.

Better to hit it now and find a way over the hump versus hitting it in March!

Reactions: Sportslady
On a positive note, the two fairly dominating wins over South Carolina are looking real good right now. Hopefully the same can be said about the Florida wins tomorrow night.

Reactions: ohhbother

It doesn't ride or die with Alexander, but, for this team, everyone has to pull their weight. Kyle's been nonexistent and you can't have your 6-11 center invisible or, worse, getting manhandled in these post or good teams will exploit it. Some of our guys are just off, but Alexander has been soft. He has to get dinner boards, put backs and a block or two.

Reactions: Vols All Day
I've been here 10 years.
And just tonight it’s apparent that Tennessee’s ceiling is limited by Kyle Alexander? Not a chance. You might have believed that, but Seth Greenberg didn’t. Just a stupid take considering his previous comments

It doesn't ride or die with Alexander, but, for this team, everyone has to pull their weight. Kyle's been nonexistent and you can't have your 6-11 center invisible or, worse, getting manhandled in these post or good teams will exploit it. Some of our guys are just off, but Alexander has been soft. He has to get dinner boards, put backs and a block or two.
I don't disagree with everyone pulling their weight, but all this finger pointing at Alexander specifically as THE issue is absurd. He's part of the problem, not the sole problem who has the weight of our Final Four hopes on his shoulders, imo.

Reactions: tnvols72 and Remy
And just tonight it’s apparent that Tennessee’s ceiling is limited by Kyle Alexander? Not a chance. You might have believed that, but Seth Greenberg didn’t. Just a stupid take considering his previous comments

It's not at all stupid, you just don't like the conclusion. Making a FF is tough and we don't have the talent to have a guy like Kyle be nonexistent. It doesn't mean he won't pay better, but he isn't right now.

It didn't seem that difficult a point to get. I'm not sure why you are so up in arms about it.

This is the only thing I will post in this forum tonight.

If you're being hard on our team after tonight's game, you are being just like Jimmy Hyams.

Don't be like Jimmy Hyams.

Hilarious !

Hey Jimmy -- Tennessee just got mauled by a young KY team a few days ago, but held Vandy to fewer points than any of their other 13 prior SEC losses.

It's not at all stupid, you just don't like the conclusion. Making a FF is tough and we don't have the talent to have a guy like Kyle be nonexistent. It doesn't mean he won't pay better, but he isn't right now.

It didn't seem that difficult a point to get. I'm not sure why you are so up in arms about it.
My problem is the knee jerk reactions. Last week they’re a title contender despite Kyles lack of contribution. And this week they’re not because of Kyles lack of contribution. Shows how vapid his analysis is. It’s either been an issue or it’s not. His play in the last week has not altered our potentienal. Stupid to say otherwise

Hilarious !

Hey Jimmy -- Tennessee just got mauled by a young KY team a few days ago, but held Vandy to fewer points than any of their other 13 prior SEC losses.

They also just scored the 2 fewest all season in back to back games, with tonight being the fewest. It was an unimpressive win, and if you're impressed, I've got some shiny objects to sell you.

The officials are the least of our problems. Barnes has one helluva dilemma. He's got to rest this team somehow. Do you play the bench and take the losses...in essence sacrifice the SEC title for the NCAAT? Or do you continue to play a short bench and risk an early departure from the tournament. He's paid a ton to make these tough decisions, but I'd give these kids a rest until Saturday. I'd alter my rotation to minimize the minutes I play my starters and let the chips fall where they may. Personally, I don't really care about the SEC regular season title or the SECT title. I want to make some noise in the NCAA tournament. Fans won't like it to be sure. To be #1 for so long then end the season with 2-3 more losses and see UK take the east will be a bitter pill to swallow, but with the way these guys are playing now, I think the SEC title is a pipe dream anyway. The NCAA would be my focus....but I'm not the coach. Gonna be a tough/long row to hoe the rest of the way to be sure.
Good points

This is the only thing I will post in this forum tonight.

If you're being hard on our team after tonight's game, you are being just like Jimmy Hyams.

Don't be like Jimmy Hyams.

Twitter is brutal on Hyams. It’s funny

The people that say “just shut up and enjoy the win” are long gone now bc those people have no idea about the game of basketball. That being said, just shut up and enjoy the win.

They are in a bit of a funk on offense and quite frankly I am not sure what they are trying to do offensively other than throw it to Williams down low and if that is shut off dribble on the perimeter then throw up a three? They have played pretty average as a whole for the last few weeks. They were very fortunate to have only played one good team during that span quite frankly or we would be staring at more than just a loss to Kentucky. They need more consistency on offense out of others besides Williams

Reactions: Vols All Day

VN Store

Back