The Official #6 Tennessee @ #15 Oklahoma Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, ABC

Frustrating to see us give up two late TDs. But from the bigger picture; this is one of the biggest wins for our program in ages. The one thing Heupel hadn’t accomplished was a big road win in a hostile night game. This game had me worried the entire offseason. The stakes were huge. I‘ll take the win.

If we call plays that conservative against Bama/uga, we will get boat raced, no matter how good our defense is.

I get it that we won, but it's discouraging as a fan to see them get very conservative in a big time game. It doesn't bode well for the future games.

Love the win. Still feel like we have questions to answer. Going to chalk it up as being down two tackles am CJH didn’t want to hurt his home.

We did, his knee was down before he crossed the line
details don’t matter at that point. Bottom line was we weren’t even allowing any first downs and then all of a sudden we gave up two long drives. Can some of you folks who understand the Xs and Os tell me what changed? Do we change something or did they Just suddenly get that much better?

These bitches are quoting the General. What have we come too? Herbstreet says he’s an outsider but has given the VOLS some cred..
They’re just playing the hot hand right now. I don’t forget how they dogged Tennessee in the past during the Dooley, Jones and Pruitt years.
All of them are chameleons

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Aww, I feel for Josh. It’s kinda like that ex girlfriend you loved that broke your heart. I don’t think he enjoyed this at all. Kinda makes me scared that he didn’t want to absolutely crush them.
We were an injury away in the OL from total disaster. I don’t think he was trying not to score. I think he was trying to preserve a lead by bleeding the clock and getting us out of there. One SEC game in and we are playing three backups on the OL and that field was making things miserable.

Now that's how you choke a team out. The defense played lights out. Smart of CJH to throttle back. No way they could score enough on us if we don't turn it over

Reactions: VAVol85

VN Store

Back