The Official #6 Tennessee @ #15 Oklahoma Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, ABC

If we call plays that conservative against Bama/uga, we will get boat raced, no matter how good our defense is.

I get it that we won, but it's discouraging as a fan to see them get very conservative in a big time game. It doesn't bode well for the future games.
I’m going with my theory that they played conservative because the field was so bad he preferred not risking injuries

This was a good team win, especially for the defense. Love how we handled the road environment. Refs can go to hell. Hopefully we go into the bye week and come out swinging just like ‘22.
The amount of missed holds at the point where plays could be made was incredible. O

Reactions: volmanjr
We were an injury away in the OL from total disaster. I don’t think he was trying not to score. I think he was trying to preserve a lead by bleeding the clock and getting us out of there. One SEC game in and we are playing three backups on the OL and that field was making things miserable.
Good points, you’re probably right.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
That crap call at the end was unconscionable!!! Refs basically gifted them a TD, but we won anyway. So, sleep tight, refs.

We lost the second half, gonna leave bad taste for two weeks. Yes, I know we were trying to run the clock, that doesn’t change the point.

Reactions: BreatheUT
details don’t matter at that point. Bottom line was we weren’t even allowing any first downs and then all of a sudden we gave up two long drives. Can some of you folks who understand the Xs and Os tell me what changed? Do we change something or did they Just suddenly get that much better?
It was the backup QB. Our age old curse.

Reactions: theroyz71
We were an injury away in the OL from total disaster. I don’t think he was trying not to score. I think he was trying to preserve a lead by bleeding the clock and getting us out of there. One SEC game in and we are playing three backups on the OL and that field was making things miserable.
Thankfully heard will be back and Campbell if I'm not mistaken played the first drive in the 2nd half. Bye week comes at a great time

If we call plays that conservative against Bama/uga, we will get boat raced, no matter how good our defense is.

I get it that we won, but it's discouraging as a fan to see them get very conservative in a big time game. It doesn't bode well for the future games.
It's called not beating yourself. We were way down in the OL. Remember that pick six against NC State? D was playing great so just don't make a fatal mistake.

VN Store

Back