The Official #6 Tennessee @ #15 Oklahoma Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, ABC

If we call plays that conservative against Bama/uga, we will get boat raced, no matter how good our defense is.

I get it that we won, but it's discouraging as a fan to see them get very conservative in a big time game. It doesn't bode well for the future games.
Coach determined that conservative strategy was our best chance to win.

We won.

It was the right call.

We were an injury away in the OL from total disaster. I don’t think he was trying not to score. I think he was trying to preserve a lead by bleeding the clock and getting us out of there. One SEC game in and we are playing three backups on the OL and that field was making things miserable.
This. And people complaining that the TEs didn't get touches is likely because they were helping out the backup tackles.

I like excitement and our gunslinger style offense but I trust Heupel to plan for the game that gives us the W or the best chance for a W.

details don’t matter at that point. Bottom line was we weren’t even allowing any first downs and then all of a sudden we gave up two long drives. Can some of you folks who understand the Xs and Os tell me what changed? Do we change something or did they Just suddenly get that much better?

3 and outs on our side on offense. Decrease in intensity and focus on defense. The young QB made some plays too.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Coach determined that conservative strategy was our best chance to win.

We won.

It was the right call.

200w.gif

The defense erased 2 turnovers by the offense. That was the game. Who is capable of that? I was disappointed they called no running plays for Nico, or swing passes to Sampson, I think that would have opened the run game.

The defense erased 2 turnovers by the offense. That was the game. Who is capable of that? I was disappointed they called no running plays for Nico, or swing passes to Sampson, I think that would have opened the run game.

Erased on the next play!

How many times has that happened?

VN Store

Back