The Official #6 Tennessee @ #15 Oklahoma Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, ABC

Exactly OP! Too many in here with completely unrealistic expectations. We just went into Norman, OK and knocked off a team that has a .921 winning % at home since 1999. Our RS Freshman QB handled business against a really good OU defense! Our defense walked into a hostile stadium and completely took the crowd out of the game! CJH called exactly what he needed to in order to get back to Knoxville with a W.
G

B

O.

That is all. Road win in the sec is huge

Road win vs top 15 team is a statement.

f*** anyone who says differently.

Him not wanting to show OK any disrespect made the game a lot closer than it should have been. They were 2 points away from making it a one possession game after we dominated all night long. He’s going to have to get over that.

I don't think that is it at all. I believe it was the flow of the game that drove the decisions. We got lucky twice with those turnovers to OU where they turned the ball right back over to us.
It was that type of game where the defense on both sides were making plays and dictating decisions. In a game like that you take what you are given - and the turnovers naturally leads to adjustments to ensure they don't become the reason you lose.

If anything, this was one of CJH best games in terms of adjusting to what was happening in the game to do what was needed to obtain a win.

I don't think that is it at all. I believe it was the flow of the game that drove the decisions. We got lucky twice with those turnovers to OU where they turned the ball right back over to us.
It was that type of game where the defense on both sides were making plays and dictating decisions. In a game like that you take what you are given - and the turnovers naturally leads to adjustments to ensure they don't become the reason you lose.

If anything, this was one of CJH best games in terms of adjusting to what was happening in the game to do what was needed to obtain a win.

Him not wanting to show OK any disrespect made the game a lot closer than it should have been. They were 2 points away from making it a one possession game after we dominated all night long. He’s going to have to get over that.
I don't think it was anything of the sort. Our achilles heel on offense is the OL depth. To get through this game with Davis and Johnson seeing significant minutes at tackle against that defense in that environment is astounding to me. Once we got to a 2 score lead, I think Heupel simply decided to put the game on his defense and not risk turnovers or heaven forbid....an injury to Nico. It wasn't Heupel's heart making decisions, it was his coaching brain. It was smart and we are 4-0 with the door to the playoffs wide open to us. I'm thrilled.

I don't think it was anything of the sort. Our achilles heel on offense is the OL depth. To get through this game with Davis and Johnson seeing significant minutes at tackle against that defense in that environment is astounding to me. Once we got to a 2 score lead, I think Heupel simply decided to put the game on his defense and not risk turnovers or heaven forbid....an injury to Nico. It wasn't Heupel's heart making decisions, it was his coaching brain. It was smart and we are 4-0 with the door to the playoffs wide open to us. I'm thrilled.

I would agree with you, and the Sooners have a badass defense that could realistically mess with Nico’s confidence even though he wasn’t rattled by the turnovers that did happen because he didn’t play conservative or fearful.

I said it was going to be an entertaining close game that Tennessee won, and I see I was mostly right because Oklahoma had better success after their Starter got replaced by a pretty good dual threat QB, and Oklahoma was a fearless team that wouldn’t give up when faced with adversity which did result in a somewhat successful comeback because they could have made the lead 8 if they had used a successful 2 point conversion play.

I’m very happy that Oklahoma could not comeback in this thrilling Saturday Night Game.

Reactions: 508mikey
We got very lucky it was the right call. It almost wasn't and I still don't think it was. We just got lucky. We won't get lucky AT uga or home vs Bama.

Hell, we may have a fight on our hands at Arkansas in two weeks if he plays conservative again.
Arkansas doesn't have OU's defense. They went to OT with OKie St. The dominant run game will be back against Arkie and Nico will light them up.

NFL Week 3 Sunday will not feel like a long work day for me at Texas Roadhouse because the Volunteers satisfied me by giving me what I wanted greatly that is they defeat a ranked Oklahoma team in Oklahoma.

The Huskies getting a rebound win by defeating the NW Wildcats was most likely because the UW Huskies were at home in Husky Stadium.

BS?
So for all yall bitchin and moaning about the conservative playcalling in the second half. We were up 19 -3 at halftime.
So with a less than 100% O line and a redshirt Fr QB that turned it over 2 times last week and 2 times in the first half from being pressured and sacked way too much,
And with the way the D was dominating,
Their only real hope was pick 6’s or fumbles.
A few more hits or sacks and we could of also been playing QB2

What would you have done?
Yeah it could of turned out 45-12 or they could’ve gotten a couple turnovers and all of a sudden it’s 19-17.

I believe I’ll ride with Coaches decision over y’all’s.

My thoughts exactly.

BS?
So for all yall bitchin and moaning about the conservative playcalling in the second half. We were up 19 -3 at halftime.
So with a less than 100% O line and a redshirt Fr QB that turned it over 2 times last week and 2 times in the first half from being pressured and sacked way too much,

Yeah it could of turned out 45-12 or they could’ve gotten a couple turnovers and all of a sudden it’s 19-17.

You really took that one sentence and went all the way with it huh. Do you I guess.

Reactions: Voltopia
BS?

You got it.

At the game dumb ass. Just got home. I picked 35-21 Tenn. Heupel was respectful. Could have been worse. Tenn fans great. 34 rushes 35 yards and poor QB play is your ball game. Thought you and Texas were the 2 best teams now I think at this point around 5. Thought our defense played well.
So you think we're worse because we beat the brakes off your team? Interesting

Thank goodness for the bye week to get healthy and to focus on how to stop Arkansas running QB
1. What type of injury does Heard have? High ankle sprain? That will tell us when he can return.
2. Do we have anyone on our roster that can simulate ARK QB in practice?

VN Store

Back