The Official #6 Tennessee @ #15 Oklahoma Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, ABC

Heupel called off the dogs early, and you can’t convince me otherwise.
Him not wanting to show OK any disrespect made the game a lot closer than it should have been. They were 2 points away from making it a one possession game after we dominated all night long. He’s going to have to get over that.

We got very lucky it was the right call. It almost wasn't and I still don't think it was. We just got lucky. We won't get lucky AT uga or home vs Bama.

Hell, we may have a fight on our hands at Arkansas in two weeks if he plays conservative again.
Will Arkansas's field be their hardest hitter?

At the game dumb ass. Just got home. I picked 35-21 Tenn. Heupel was respectful. Could have been worse. Tenn fans great. 34 rushes 35 yards and poor QB play is your ball game. Thought you and Texas were the 2 best teams now I think at this point around 5. Thought our defense played well.

At the game dumb ass. Just got home. I picked 35-21 Tenn. Heupel was respectful. Could have been worse. Tenn fans great. 34 rushes 35 yards and poor QB play is your ball game. Thought you and Texas were the 2 best teams now I think at this point around 5. Thought our defense played well.
Respect to you for showing up and being gracious in defeat. That OU defense is legit.

Whew !!!!!!! It was not pretty, but that is a very important win for this program's return to national prominence.
I have lived thru 3 eras of Tennessee football playing at an annual top 10 level. We look to be at the beginning of another run.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Him not wanting to show OK any disrespect made the game a lot closer than it should have been. They were 2 points away from making it a one possession game after we dominated all night long. He’s going to have to get over that.
Well good news is the team was good enough to overcome that bs, and we are going into a bye week before facing Arky on the road. I’ve seen enough, Vols will dominate.

Thanks, little bit of a sore loser as expected.

breaking-hurricane-heupel-hits-norman-v0-wwhtdmcsdaqd1.png

Reactions: Nicovfl8
Well good news is the team was good enough to overcome that bs, and we are going into a bye week before facing Arky on the road. I’ve seen enough, Vols will dominate.
BS?
So for all yall bitchin and moaning about the conservative playcalling in the second half. We were up 19 -3 at halftime.
So with a less than 100% O line and a redshirt Fr QB that turned it over 2 times last week and 2 times in the first half from being pressured and sacked way too much,
And with the way the D was dominating,
Their only real hope was pick 6’s or fumbles.
A few more hits or sacks and we could of also been playing QB2

What would you have done?
Yeah it could of turned out 45-12 or they could’ve gotten a couple turnovers and all of a sudden it’s 19-17.

I believe I’ll ride with Coaches decision over y’all’s.

VN Store

Back