The Official #6 TENNESSEE (3-0) vs. #15 Oklahoma (3-0) Thread - Zone Edition - 9/21 @ 7:30 EST - from Memorial Stadium (Norman, OK) - ABC

I thought loudness was measured in decibels???

Loudest College Football Stadiums

#6. Neyland Stadium, University of Tennessee

Neyland Stadium in Knoxville seats 101,915, and it’s got a reputation as being one of the most boisterous football fields in the NCAA. In 2023, during the Volunteers’ home match-up against Georgia, the Tennessee faithful set a noise level record: the stadium’s volume was recorded at 137 decibels. The previous record was held by Washington’s Husky Stadium.

#5. Autzen Stadium, University of Oregon

Autzen Stadium in Eugene has a capacity of 54,000, which is small for college football standards, but the low seats give the place an intimate and up-close feel. And that makes it all the more electric for Ducks fans and intimidating for the opposing team. Autzen Stadium, during a 2007 game against USC, produced a noise level of 127 decibels. Any sound above 120 decibels, by the way, is potentially damaging to the ear.

View attachment 678339
I've come out of Autzen and had this buzz in my ears for about an hour or so after the game. It's just weird, you can't get ride of it, it's just there.

I've come out of Autzen and had this buzz in my ears for about an hour or so after the game. It's just weird, you can't get ride of it, it's just there.
But you will agree 137 bB is louder than 127 dB right? I have had the ear buzz thing and not able to hear for several hours after foolishly shooting fifty rounds from my Colt .45 automatic pistol without ear protection.

Reactions: GoDucks349 and Behr
He's a UTC fan so doesn't really understand.
I been a UT fan since I could walk.....I been a UTC fan since I graduated from there, and I shall never apologize for that....I know loyalty is a hard to understand concept for some. Nothing wrong with having a favorite FCS and FBS team. Just trying to understand why the Mocs threaten you so much Kan-tuck-ee man. I attended all said schools and still live in my beloved Tennessee at least.

VN Store

Back