The Official #6 Tennessee vs. #7 Clemson Orange Bowl Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

Watching the game with Clemson fans and trying not to laugh at the groans about True Freshman QB and all the missed FGs… at least our D has shown up! Hope 2nd half is less penalties on our end!!! GB🍊

Reactions: minorvol
Dabo has done us A LOT of favors. Should be up WAY more though. Hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite us in the a**

Yeah....a couple more TDs on the board for the good guys would have me feeling a lot better.

They have moved the ball and, that last play notwithstanding, Klubnik has done pretty solid.

Reactions: YankeeVol
Why in the hell do we line our DBs up 10 yards off their receivers every play?
Because we lack in DB talent. If they play “man” and a receiver gets behind them then they are toast. At least with them playing to keep receivers in front then the can play the ball or make a tackle.

I gotta be honest here. I'm not that bothered about the discussion of Klubnik. Clemson is staying on the field so they have to discuss him.

Reactions: Sandman 423
The coaches are gonna have to work around joe. Quit with the dumb read plays. That’s not his strong suit. Give him more throws over the middle. Work the middle then go outside… Joes not playing great, he’s a little above average right now.. needs to step up tho

I'm not trying to be negative but that's all he has ever been just a little above average.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
The fact we’ve given up 3 points in a half. I just don’t want you to stroke out.

I just hate that TN's DBs don't know to turn their head when the opposing teams WR's hands go up.

Seems like Defensive Back 101 to me.

But it seems more like TN's DBs are coached to "commit the 15 yd penalty" as opposed to, y'know, defending the pass

ok. hahaha... 1st half reflections.

1) For reasons unknown, the refs genuinely do NOT like Heupel... and thus our team.

2) Clemson's O-line is USELESS without arm-bar holding. We need to counter that or expose it.

3) PI has never been so useful. I'm amazed

4) Milton needs a confidence booster in the locker room and needs to reset. New game. New day. the last 15 minutes never existed.

5) We NEED to win so that Heupel can take a long, flirty look at that ref, smile... and subtly chuckle as he walks off the field.

oh... #6... bonus: TN needs to come out and come AFTER Clemson's QB... relentless on the first possession.

*EDIT: VolMarine1371 has shown me the error of my ways. #A1a) The Squrirel Bomb!!!

Last edited:
They threw for over 200 yds and ran for 70, missed 3 FGs along with a fake that didn't work. We're winning because of their bad special teams. The pass defense is still atrocious (some due to poor technique, some due to bad situational playcalling) and the tackling has been questionable. However, they have bent, but not broke.....so far.
I'll take FG attempts over TD shots 100% of the time. The reality is Chumpson hasn't really threatened the end zone even when close.

VN Store

Back