The Official #6 Tennessee vs. #7 Clemson Orange Bowl Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

Milton isn’t the “guy”. I have been rooting for him but Vols should be +20 over Clemson now. Need a portal guy ASAP or roll with Nico or Jackson.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
True, we only have up 3pts, but still the secondary is so out of position, hope they can hold up in 2nd half.

Yeah. Most of our stops were sacking Klubnik or tackling them for a loss and getting them behind the chains early because they would still complete big passes. Just short of the sticks because of us putting them in the hole early.

Ok, next half let's prioritize maintaining drives. No deep balls. Quick throws coupled with running the ball. Put the ball in our big WRs hands and let them do work. We need positive plays and not 3 and outs.

I swear...our QB is 12/15 with 150 yards, 1TD and 0 Ints and he is terrible according to the LOtM crowd. Please take a look at the score. We are ahead 14-3 not behind 3-14. Most of the talking heads said we were going to lose by at least 10. Give it a rest with the negavol crap!

Golesh called the plays against Georgia and they looked like garbage.
Perhaps being down our Heisman contender QB and hardware winning WR against a good defense has something to do with it.

There’s no replacement obviously but you have to adapt to what you have.

I just hate that TN's DBs don't know to turn their head when the opposing teams WR's hands go up.

Seems like Defensive Back 101 to me.

But it seems more like TN's DBs are coached to "commit the 15 yd penalty" as opposed to, y'know, defending the pass

Vandy level talent = Vandy level results

I feel like we are dang lucky to be up by 11. I’ll take it, but defense is going to be collapse if we can’t sustain drives…and score some more.

Clemson having a rookie at qb and a kicker missing 3 fg is the only thing helping us.
But that QB is Joe Montana 🙄

Both teams definitely seem to be playing below their average this year. I have to say I’m pleased that we are up after the stuttering offense. Clemson is probably good for 21-24 points in the second half. Two TDs by the Vols and I think we win this one. Don’t get too conservative in play calls.

Reactions: Old Geezer

VN Store

Back