The Official #8 Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

I’m not so sure receiver is a weakness on any other team. Put Brazell on any other team and he’s a world beater. Same with Matthews. Criminal that they aren’t targeting Brazell more - several times he had his man beat and they ignored him.
Nico never gets off his first read.

You must have lost all of your marbles if you think Heupel’s offense is trending upwards. Lol. Heupel’s offense is horrible - Oline is porous, receivers not getting open consistently, QB is lost, play calling is uninspired - at least the running backs keep running hard and picking up yardage.

Heupel lost to Arky whose coach is getting fired and almost lost to sunbelt Billy who is also going to get fired.

Heupel and the Vols are lucky to escape with a win.

Ultimately a W is a W but this was a horrible offensive display. Glad to get the W.
I’m not worried about huep and his offense bc he knows **** we don’t, theirs a reason why we ain’t opening the playbook: but we are still winning these freaking games bro. It’s gonna get better look at hueps record as a oc and Hc and grab ur nuts and get some confidence damn, are you a little boy?

It’s hard work being a Vol fan. 30 years experience over here.
Sorry guys, I got you. 60 years here. Been thru 3 eras of great teams under Dickey, Majors and Fulmer.
But I've also suffered thru Battle, Kiffin, Dooley, Butch and Pruitt.
Jury still out on Heupel. He needs to take a hard look at his assistants at the end of the season.

I believe we are fine but nico is just inexperienced and instead of sitting the 2nd half of the 1st 3 games he should have been playing to get extra reps. The last 2 games has showed his inexperience
Maybe so. I think we’ve feasted on some very bad teams so far. It gets much much harder from here on out.

How bout I say this. The fact we won hasn’t even made me that happy after the way it shook out. I’m just as upset/disheartened by our performance as I would be if we’d lost in OT. I once again got my hopes up for a team and they just aren’t it.
I call bull- I will take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day of the week. Guess what Huepel has more wins over Florida than any other Tennessee coach in the past 20

I’ll take the win.

But - WOW! This is still an underperforming program with a loser mentality. Pulling out a close win against a bad Florida team at home where our offense looked completely incompetent for most of the game is hardly a confidence builder for anything of significance. We tried to give it away and Florida’s own incompetence helped us survive.

Nico is going to be great someday (I think), but he doesn’t look confident nor dialed-in. I wish I knew why. The relatively underwhelming offensive line play is likely to blame in part. However, it doesn’t explain it all.

Coach Heupel and his offensive staff have not done well this season so far. Pretty bad actually. The defense gets a pass because they have kept us in games.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back