The Official #8 Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

I’m not trying to be overly positive, there are still areas to work on, but in the last 20 years, that would have been a loss. If you honestly thought that UT would win by more the two touchdowns (15.5 spread is what I took and Florida), you were kidding yourself. The SEC is cannibalizing itself. Vandy beat Bama and is beating Kentucky. Does that make sense? South Carolina gave Bama all they wanted. Does that make sense? Mississippi State came back on Georgia. Should that have been a 10 point game?

There is a lot of room for improvement for sure, but you also have to recognize the climate we are in and the history of this rivalry recently.

Reactions: 1974Vol and RTVFL89
I’m not worried about huep and his offense bc he knows **** we don’t, theirs a reason why we ain’t opening the playbook: but we are still winning these freaking games bro. It’s gonna get better look at hueps record as a oc and Hc and grab ur nuts and get some confidence damn, are you a little boy?
lol this guys still pulling the ol “we haven’t opened the playbook”. You think we lost to Arky abd went to OT with Fl on purpose? Come on. You can’t be that clueless.

I think Gaston could've handed it off.
Well Gaston has been with Heupel how long and yeah Heupel recruited Nico. What does that tell you ? Who is on the field ? Know what else ? Nico has beaten Florida as a starter he is in a very small group of UT Qbs. The kid is young and he will get better. Heupel needs to get some tackles and protect him. Heard is awful and lazy af.Campbell is hurt. Heupel should call some plays that set up well. It seems everything we run is 20 yards down field. Use TE and backs some.

I’m not worried about huep and his offense bc he knows **** we don’t, theirs a reason why we ain’t opening the playbook: but we are still winning these freaking games bro. It’s gonna get better look at hueps record as a oc and Hc and grab ur nuts and get some confidence damn, are you a little boy?

Like Heupel’s Vols beat Arky??? lol. Still winning —- right.

The Vols’ shouldn’t have any losses this season but for the abysmal performance of the offense recently. Yeah the offense was great against the “sisters of the poor” but ok.

I don't even feel good about this one at this point. Alabama will uncalled hold their way to a W next week while we have at least two possessions stalled by a call. There is a blatant agenda against us officiating-wise. It isn't even a fun product to enjoy anymore.

lol this guys still pulling the ol “we haven’t opened the playbook”. You think we lost to Arky abd went to OT with Fl on purpose? Come on. You can’t be that clueless.
.. no dumbass I didn’t say that. I said huepel is using what he has right now that he thinks is going to get us the win. He knows this offense is going to continue to grow. Have some confidence damn grab ur nuts and quit being a puss smh

Reactions: BigALWiLson
I really hope this win gave our defense some life back. Indeed they have everything to be great and hang with anybody. I just hope we really look at our offense. Nico is athletic. We’re deep at tight end. We have gifted running backs and we’re deep at receiver. We have to change things and utilize what we have. We can’t stick with what we’ve been doing. That’s just my opinion though.

The offense requires quick decisions. It’s not meant for a qb that needs 4-5 seconds to read the defense or wait for a slow developing play. Hooker was able to execute it perfectly because he could read a defense. Milton and Nico? Not so much. Hooker could also throw a good accurate deep ball. Milton and Nico? Not so much. Dylan Sampson seems to be the only person on offense pulling his weight and we’re lucky to have him. This Oline needs to do something, ANYTHING, different and Nico needs to learn to read and move up in the pocket instead of pulling it down.
Bishop is pretty good too. He missed a blitz pickup but overall he is playing well.

Doesn’t have time to go through his progressions. Some of that is due to inexperience, but a lot of that falls on the OL.
He does have happy feet in the pocket from the time he gets the snap… but he is a freshman and he will continue to improve and recruiting, NIL, and transfer portal will be a priority to protect him moving forward!

Reactions: ftsandersvol

VN Store

Back