The Official #8 Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

This. I would think that Ellerbee’s seat is quite warm. But I don’t think Heupel has ever fired an assistant coach when he’s been HC. He may encourage Ellerbee to find greener pastures after the season. Any position coach is judged solely by the product he puts on the field every week. And our OL play has been our glaring Achilles Heel through five games.
That is my fear. Does Heupel's painful experience being blamed and pushed out as OC at Oklahoma make him too loyal for his own good here ?
I would have let Martinez go after last year and Joey Hazle is not the answer at OC. Too conservative. I thought Elerbee was pretty good until now, but the O-line has been awful, our weak link.

Very similar late game scenarios the last 2 weeks...Vols get the ball with the lead deep in their own territory needing maybe 2 first downs to ice the game but fail to make even 1 and run virtually no time off the clock. And then, both opponents score a td when they get the ball back! Man, do I miss having a Hendon Hooker in the game; I just always felt so confident when he was running the show. I still have that Bama game from 2 years on the DVR..think I'll try to find the time to watch it again this week. Nico has a considerable amount of growing to do to find consistent success in the SEC gauntlet. Sure a far cry from a Kent St or even an NC St! I AM truly grateful Napier changed his mind about the 2 point attempt...I honestly didn't think the Vols would stop it.

R

Every SEC game from here on out is a “must win” for Heupel in my opinion.
That is my fear. Does Heupel's painful experience being blamed and pushed out as OC at Oklahoma make him too loyal for his own good here ?
I would have let Martinez go after last year and Joey Hazle is not the answer at OC. Too conservative. I thought Elerbee was pretty good until now, but the O-line has been awful, our weak link.
Heupel has to man up and honestly evaluate his staff and make changes where necessary. That’s why he’s paid the big bucks.

VN Store

Back