The Official #8 Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

He looked better than Nico.
I disagree. Nico may have struggled, but has flashes. Some dumb holding penalties hurt him a few times he escaped the pocket. He missed some throws, but looks like more of a threat from the pocket.

Lagway looked like crap from the pocket. Once the defense started cheating to his right side, he couldn't do much of anything. He did have a good TD throw, which was a really good route by the receiver. But overall, I felt much more confident in our chances to win once Mertz went out. He couldn't move the ball much at times which led to good field position and ultimately the win.

In other news: The feces-encrusted human garbage that is Lane Kiffin is still coaching his players to fake injuries in order to stop opposing offenses momentum.
Squirrel white faked an injury to allow more time to initiate replay. Faking an injury should have the player and coach suspended. Its a huge lack of integrity and respect for the game.

Reactions: Chad F
Anyone that critiques fake injuries, needs to be just as critical when we fake them. It’s a disgrace and should immediately be stopped and if it occurs and obviously can be notice; the player should be subject to the same exact penalty as a targeting foul. Its bush league BS.

Why do you think Hype has never mentioned it… he did it all the time on XP’s

I’ll take the win.

But - WOW! This is still an underperforming program with a loser mentality. Pulling out a close win against a bad Florida team at home where our offense looked completely incompetent for most of the game is hardly a confidence builder for anything of significance. We tried to give it away and Florida’s own incompetence helped us survive.

Nico is going to be great someday (I think), but he doesn’t look confident nor dialed-in. I wish I knew why. The relatively underwhelming offensive line play is likely to blame in part. However, it doesn’t explain it all.

Coach Heupel and his offensive staff have not done well this season so far. Pretty bad actually. The defense gets a pass because they have kept us in games.
Florida always plays their best game against us

Reactions: FlVols
This. I would think that Ellerbee’s seat is quite warm. But I don’t think Heupel has ever fired an assistant coach when he’s been HC. He may encourage Ellerbee to find greener pastures after the season. Any position coach is judged solely by the product he puts on the field every week. And our OL play has been our glaring Achilles Heel through five games.
It’s really comical that our offensive tackles are so bad. Who in the hell ever thought they were SEC material ??

VN Store

Back