The Official #9 Tennessee @ Wisconsin Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, Peacock

Nice performance to keep it close and then extend the lead. Really terrible start to the game from the refs, then they evened it up a bit and got a little weird with it.

Love the offensive game plan. Pace is fantastic and it’s wearing Wisconsin out. They aren’t deep enough to keep that up.

After some one sided officiating for the first 16 minutes of the half, kind of felt like we got a few favorable calls down the stretch. Offensively we found our rhythm again.

I could complain about a few things, but here is my main complaint: we aren’t posting up Knecht enough. He can shoot the ball sure, but he has the size and skill to be a menace posting up other guards. I’m being picky there, though. Overall, pretty good half.

Surprised Cade came off bench before JP, but Aidoo is playing really good.

Not sure Wisconsin has the depth to hang if we keep pressure on on both sides of the court.

Reactions: DC_Vol
Wonderful 1st half. DK is really good and Gainey not bad himself. This team will only get better as they gel during these tough games. I guess announcer has not heard of Jacksonville AL. In CHRIST Alone

Dalton hesitates sometimes like he has a tight leash with Barnes where a bad shot or turnover means he is getting yanked like years past.

Something tells me he’s gonna get 15+ shots a game if he wants.

Good half. Knecht is gonna be our star player this year. Can post up, shoot the 3 and drive to the hoop. He is gonna make himself a ton of money in his year at TN.
He’s a smart player and isn’t afraid of anything that I’ve seen. Will take the game in his hands at any and every opportunity.

Even when teams start to double him up, the guy is going to eat that up. And the rest of the team will step up and capitalize when it happens.

Dalton hesitates sometimes like he has a tight leash with Barnes where a bad shot or turnover means he is getting yanked like years past.

Something tells me he’s gonna get 15+ shots a game if he wants.
I hadn't noticed. To me, he looks confident and in rhythm.

Reactions: walkenvol
This team is so damn deep. My lord. No Santi, no ZZ, no JJJ on the court and we’re extending our lead.

This is just what I came on to say. Depth from top to bottom. Probably the deepest team I've seen so far this year. Knecht is also a huge shot in the arm. The Vols are very deserving of the top ten ranking.

I hadn't noticed. To me, he looks confident and in rhythm.

A few of those turnovers he had where he shoulda shot/drove, he looked immediately at the bench like we are all accustomed to with players getting yanked by Barnes after a mistake……

Vols at -7.5 at +200 is looking pretty good at halftime. I was pretty damn sure Knecht was going to be good, but not this good. He's a NBA draft pick. But damn, Gainey is a balla. I had no idea Gainey would be this productive for this Vols team.

VN Store

Back