The Official #9 Tennessee @ Wisconsin Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, Peacock

Gainey and Knecht took six shots each and combined for 22 points. Vescovi and Ziegler combined for three shots.

Vescovi and Zeigler have run the Rick Barnes marathon before; they know they gotta conserve all they can for the spring. :cool:

Vols at -7.5 at +200 is looking pretty good at halftime. I was pretty damn sure Knecht was going to be good, but not this good. He's a NBA draft pick. But damn, Gainey is a balla. I had no idea Gainey would be this productive for this Vols team.

I took Vols -9.5 when it was 23-23 😂😂😂

Reactions: The Dog
Gainey and Knecht took six shots each and combined for 22 points. Vescovi and Ziegler combined for three shots.
That's great! I think it's good that Vescovi doesn't have to do as much this season. He'll always play tough defense and he'll get his threes, but he doesn't HAVE TO like he did last season!

Reactions: vol94
Storr is a matchup nightmare, 6’7” guard with some good handles. Wonder if we see Barnes give DJ a shot at him?

Reactions: knoxvol52
Glad to see Flopowski lose. Feel like even with their recruiting for now, Duke will slowly slide out of national relevance the further from K they get.

After some one sided officiating for the first 16 minutes of the half, kind of felt like we got a few favorable calls down the stretch. Offensively we found our rhythm again.

I could complain about a few things, but here is my main complaint: we aren’t posting up Knecht enough. He can shoot the ball sure, but he has the size and skill to be a menace posting up other guards. I’m being picky there, though. Overall, pretty good half.
I agree. ISO Knecht down low. They can’t stop him

Vols at -7.5 at +200 is looking pretty good at halftime. I was pretty damn sure Knecht was going to be good, but not this good. He's a NBA draft pick. But damn, Gainey is a balla. I had no idea Gainey would be this productive for this Vols team.
Right on the nose about Gainey. Figured he would be in the mix for minutes, but not a contributor to the degree he has been so far. Another great pickup (and I wasn’t high on it to begin with - glad to eat crow on that one).

Reactions: The Dog
Remember last Spring when Barnes was getting flack from some on here who said Knecht and Gainey weren’t SEC caliber transfers and would disappoint like his previous transfers? Remember when he got heat for not bringing in a problem guard who’s transferred twice already? Good times.

Last edited:
One other observation, and this was something that kind of showed itself in the exhibition and opener: Freddie looks like a guy who has a long ways to go to me. He looks to be a good bit behind our other guards.
Has to get the speed down but he has the body.

VN Store

Back