The Official #9 Tennessee @ Wisconsin Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, Peacock

Vescovi needs to give Jobu some extra rum to wake up his shot. The team needs him to have a good shooting night on the road. How many players does Barnes rotate tonight?

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Aidoo got dinged up in our last game and Awaka was battling an illness. Not sure how much of an impact they'll have against the badgers.
Aidoo at least returned to the game and moved well I thought. Awaka you’d think would be healed but hopefully it didn’t spread to others on the team

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Right. WTH?

I assume you have to subscribe to that?

Edit: I just clicked on the link in the first post of this thread. It is $5.99 a month. Guess I'll be subscribing to Peacock for a day and canceling unless someone knows of another option.
If you are a Spectrum customer, you get Peacock for free.

Reactions: The Streak
Big chance for a big resume builder early in the season. Wisconsin returning all 5 starters leaves me thinking they will be a force in the big 10 this season and a shoe in for the NCAA tournament. Win or lose, this is a good test for our Vols

It sounds crazy that Barnes has been here since 2015. We have been a model of consistency during his tenure. I'm just going to continue to enjoy what he's brought to the program. It shows with a really good coach this program can win at a high level and you don't have to act like a look at me clown show to do it.

If you are a Spectrum customer, you get Peacock for free.

Ok. Thanks!

I have Spectrum internet but YouTube TV. Guessing I don't get it free?

Edit: It looks like you can get 12 months free if you have Spectrum TV or 90 days free if you only have Spectrum internet.

Last edited:
Ok. Thanks!

I have Spectrum internet but YouTube TV. Guessing I don't get it free?

Edit: It looks like you can get 12 months free if you have Spectrum TV or 90 days free if you only have Spectrum internet.
Correct. Exact same circumstance for me. YTTV and Spectrum internet. You just need your spectrum email ID and password when you create an account on Peacock, and you will get it free for 90 days. Just remember to cancel or you'll be charged after the 90th day.

Vescovi needs to give Jobu some extra rum to wake up his shot. The team needs him to have a good shooting night on the road. How many players does Barnes rotate tonight?

Lots of minutes for:
SV
JJJ
Aidoo
Knecht
Gainey
ZZ
Awaka
Mashack

Estrella and Dilione probably have an opportunity, but will be on short leashes.

Phillips and Jefferson are really hard to assess not knowing how practices and DJ’s issues have gone.

Carr probably won’t see the court unless the game is one sided.

DJ Jefferson is the biggest question. I think that he could be a regular contributor if he’s gotten things straightened out with CRB.

Phillips won’t see a lot of minutes unless he breaks out in February/March. UT could use some help inside, but Estrella has a much more ready SEC body.

I’ve already said it once or twice, but I’d like to see DJ get his minutes at the 4 this year. There aren’t going to be many available on the perimeter until next year. He’s listed on the roster as a “G” instead of an “F”, but I’d like to see him working on his front court game this year and possibly develop into another Admiral in his remaining 3 years.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Aidoo at least returned to the game and moved well I thought. Awaka you’d think would be healed but hopefully it didn’t spread to others on the team
Tis the season for respiratory bugs. Scoring a win tonight would be a huge feather in our cap. Won't be easy.

I’ve already said it once or twice, but I’d like to see DJ get his minutes at the 4 this year. There aren’t going to be many available on the perimeter until next year. He’s listed on the roster as a “G” instead of an “F”, but I’d like to see him working on his front court game this year and possibly develop into another Admiral in his remaining 3 years.
Yup, I mentioned this idea last year…he’s not far off size wise from JJJ, and bigger than Mashack, given his athletic ability if he buys in he could play the 4 imo. Pons played it a lot for us and it’s the most effective spot for a guy like that imo.

Yup, I mentioned this idea last year…he’s not far off size wise from JJJ, and bigger than Mashack, given his athletic ability if he buys in he could play the 4 imo. Pons played it a lot for us and it’s the most effective spot for a guy like that imo.

A lot of guys that size want to be a 2 since they can’t really be a 4 in the NBA. He’d be perfect for UT as a 4 when going small or the 3 when going bigger. He doesn’t need to be a 2 unless he is a really good shooter.

From the team picture, DJ sure doesn’t look like he’s 30+ pounds bigger than Carr (same height). But when he was in the last game he appeared to be pretty thick to me.

Right. WTH?

I assume you have to subscribe to that?

Edit: I just clicked on the link in the first post of this thread. It is $5.99 a month. Guess I'll be subscribing to Peacock for a day and canceling unless someone knows of another option.
I signed up yesterday. Binge watching Yellowstone on Peacock waiting for tip-off!

Currently watching the OSU/Texas A&M game on Peacock which has no sound. So, we're off to a great start! We might be watching a silent movie later tonight.

Lots of minutes for:
SV
JJJ
Aidoo
Knecht
Gainey
ZZ
Awaka
Mashack

Estrella and Dilione probably have an opportunity, but will be on short leashes.

Phillips and Jefferson are really hard to assess not knowing how practices and DJ’s issues have gone.

Carr probably won’t see the court unless the game is one sided.

DJ Jefferson is the biggest question. I think that he could be a regular contributor if he’s gotten things straightened out with CRB.

Phillips won’t see a lot of minutes unless he breaks out in February/March. UT could use some help inside, but Estrella has a much more ready SEC body.
I don’t think it was a good sign for DJ when he came into the game later than many of us expected. He looked visibly frustrated after the game walking off the court. I am sure he was disappointed at being inserted so late.

VN Store

Back