The Official Austin Peay @ Tennessee Game Thread (Tuesday 5/9 6:30PM EST) SEC NETWORK+

And once more to @peaygolf .

suck-it-gordon-ramsay.gif

Enjoy the time w your son. My son played all three sports and baseball was the most difficult to watch. I hate to admit it but I think I was too hard on him and I asked too many questions throughout the season instead of keeping my mouth shut during his travel ball days. He despised his coach (not me) and ended up quitting the sport.

With that said, it’s difficult for a parent as we want the child to succeed. And then other parents begins to talk and you can hear the whispers.

I can’t imagine what parents of college players endure, esp baseball. For what it’s worth, give your son a hug and tell him to have fun and shake it off.

Sorry for the long response.
the first thing I ALWAYS do after EVERY game, is give him a hug!
We did have a talk on the ride home about not being satisfied and transitioning what you do in practice over into games.
He’s come a long way and this is his first year playing travel ball, do I’m not being very hard on him.
He loves his coach, he’s a really good, young guy and the boys respond and relate to him.

I thought he looked right at Ensley and tossed him.

That's how I saw it too, but then someone pointed out that the umps said the wrong number when discussing what happened.

IMO it was just a hot mess with home plate being completely covered, Burke had no access TO the plate. IF it's like the pros, he could have just stopped mid stride and would have been given home plate because he was obstructed from home plate. It's part of the Buster Posey rule that I think is a good rule and hope it or a version like it exists in college.

Then, because of the contact, players left the dugout and Ensley was thrown out. Vitello challenged the call at the plate during all of that. Because several players from both teams left the dugout and the play was under review, it put the umpire and review system on trial. (That took too long) And I still think Burke and Tenn were robbed a run because where was he supposed to slide or land if the opposing catcher is literally on the plate. Somehow, that "detail" didn't matter?

I would love to know your thoughts on the whole thing because a lot happened in those 3-4 minutes.

No. Florida 8
South Carolina 5 F

Vanderbilt 10
Louisville 8 T12

Tennessee Tech 2
Kentucky 9 F

Texas-RGV 1
aTm 11 F

Northwestern State 4
LSU 14 F

Troy 2
Alabama 6 Top7 just getting started back