The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Knoxville Super Regional Game 3 Thread (Sun. June 9th 7:06PM EST) (ESPNU)

I see what you are saying but they hit two guys they saw the day before. Beam has been struggling for a while. I wouldn't say his defense helped him either but Beam has been hit pretty hard at times this year. We have to stop throwing 0-2 meatballs and make routine plays.
Even with shaky pitching, we scored enough earned runs to win. Unearned runs cost us the game.

Gators and Tigers will now depend on the middle and the bottom of their respective lineups for a bit.
Clemson goes to pen for one of their inning eaters. RHP SO Barlow 6-1

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Weather delay………. The pressure continues to build………… but no worries……….WGWTFA! Go Vols! Beat Evansville! First pitch at 7:06. Zander will be ready for the challenge, he’s a senior. In Tony and Frank we trust! Oh yeah, Josh too! And baby Serrano!

It's just an approach. When you're playing against pitchers who walk a ton of batters you make them earn it. No need gifting them a pitcher's count by swinging and missing at first pitch.
It's a set up too. If they throw a first pitch strike, and then the batter gets ahead in the count, they are more likely to come back with the same pitch knowing they need a strike. The batter can just sit on it and crank it.

Our bats should show out tonight against their 3rd line pitcher. Their bullpen can’t hold us down either. If Harris pitches stay off his spin pitches, because they always end up out of the strike zone. I know that’s easier said than done, but we’ve already seen him twice. But I might add with limited success.

VN Store

Back