The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Knoxville Super Regional Game 3 Thread (Sun. June 9th 7:06PM EST) (ESPNU)

Had just looked at my wife and said ballgame!

Willie who?

That was impressive!
Same here - thought it was game over. The kid had wheels and somehow got under it. Amazing how he adjusted and used two hands.

Reactions: KptVFL
We at least have a legit starter. They burned theirs today
Our best pitchers did not do very much holding their batters off the bases. They hit the ball well. We can hit fast balls but not the breaking stuff. I hate to say it, but we are likely to have a tough game tonight. I hope we just score more than they do.

Well FSU swept them in the regular season so that would be good enough to vote “no” anyways. And yes, Scott Stricklin is on the committee, along with the other bubble teams that got in:

This is from May 29, 2024 and he’s not listed. This has Casey Scott from KSU as the difference and there’s a plethora of articles about his appointment, I can’t find anything on Stricklin other than KR’s tweet.

Last edited:
Our best pitchers did not do very much holding their batters off the bases. They hit the ball well. We can hit fast balls but not the breaking stuff. I hate to say it, but we are likely to have a tough game tonight. I hope we just score more than they do.
I just hope the parking lot crowd hears about the lack of beer sales thing
john-belushi-drinking.gif

Reactions: chuckiepoo
So five SEC teams are in supers.

Ky, FL and aTm are 1-0.

UGA won today to make it 1-1 with tomorrow’s winner advancing to Omaha.

TN is 1-1 playing tonight.

So how many advance to Omaha?

I’d love to know the odds for 3,4 or 5 advancing. I don’t recall the # of SEC teams that advance to Omaha in prior yrs, but all five has to be a low percentage.

I’m not sending any pregame tweet to the Tennessee Volunteers baseball team please win today because they already have the pressure and challenge of knowing today is a challenging super regional game 3 that likely dictated by the team makes less mistakes, reliable pitching, and finds ways to score the most valuable runs in a competitive game.

I see what you are saying but they hit two guys they saw the day before. Beam has been struggling for a while. I wouldn't say his defense helped him either but Beam has been hit pretty hard at times this year. We have to stop throwing 0-2 meatballs and make routine plays.

So five SEC teams are in supers.

Ky, FL and aTm are 1-0.

UGA won today to make it 1-1 with tomorrow’s winner advancing to Omaha.

TN is 1-1 playing tonight.

So how many advance to Omaha?

I’d love to know the odds for 3,4 or 5 advancing. I don’t recall the # of SEC teams that advance to Omaha in prior yrs, but all five has to be a low percentage.
Math major?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back