The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Knoxville Super Regional Game 3 Thread (Sun. June 9th 7:06PM EST) (ESPNU)

I hope they have a little soul-searching in the clubhouse and just flush this one. Build on the rally and come out tomorrow with their heads and their butts wired together.
No excuses for this loss other than mental mistakes and poor performance by the pitchers.
I hope it stings bad and they play with their hair on fire tomorrow.

Yes with the key exception of they had Harris to come in and close it out. They won't have that luxury tomorrow. The key is to rock the starter. Make him hold true to his ERA and never let up.
View attachment 646939
I never thought I’d say this, but can our pitching withstand the bats of the Aces? They came out swinging and protected the plate with two strikes.

Edit- it was like watching our 🏈 Vols defense staying on the field on 3rd and longs.

Evansville continued to get base hits with two strikes @ the plate. I’m not sure if it was our pitching or their bats.

Last edited:
I never thought I’d say this, but can our pitching withstand the bats of the Aces? They came out swinging and protected the plate with two strikes.

It reminded me of an offense getting first downs on 3rd and long.

You take our pitching every day of the week and then again on Monday if you had the choice to choose - but forget pitching. Think game three of SEC series. Just outscore them. Can we do that? Without question. Anything decent from pitching will just be icing on the cake.

I was pretty pessimistic before that 9th inning rally. I think that fight will show up tomorrow. And with it all on the line, they won’t rest on their laurels.

You take our pitching every day of the week and then again on Monday if you had the choice to choose - but forget pitching. Think game three of SEC series. Just outscore them. Can we do that? Without question. Anything decent from pitching will just be icing on the cake.

This was the recipe for today's game, too.

Hope it works better tomorrow.

Reactions: Titan05 and vol94
Supposed to get thunderstorms and rain tomorrow. Don't know if it makes any difference except for the fans.

Evansville forum says they assume Reed (Left with 7.38 ERA) will start tomorrow, followed by Hansmann (righty that pitched inning today), and Fieger (Right with 7.65 ERA).

Last edited:
Reactions: KptVFL
Felt like they lost their edge once they got up by 4. They have to keep their intensity up.
With Omaha there for the taking, how does that happen? They had to know a game 3 could be devastating. How do you not put that team away and move on? Again...OMAHA!

It's just an approach. When you're playing against pitchers who walk a ton of batters you make them earn it. No need gifting them a pitcher's count by swinging and missing at first pitch.
Sounds crazy to me. They mentioned it was an old school approach. I thought it was to get the pitchers motion down or something… seems like a disadvantage to someone like me who hasn’t played since middle school

With Omaha there for the taking, how does that happen? They had to know a game 3 could be devastating. How do you not put that team away and move on? Again...OMAHA!
I do think not having their leader in C-Mo out on the field played a small factor.

Reactions: KptVFL
Fortunately their coach has already said he's not risking a guy's future. If you look at their regional against ECU he held pretty true to that. We're not up against a Corbs here.
Super impressed with Coach Wes at UE. He seems like an awesome Coach and person. I’m more impressed with CTV just to clarify but respect what the UE coach has accomplished and how he handles his business.

VN Store

Back