The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Super Regional Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 7 3PM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baseball on your phone! Be that girl and sneak off to the back. I ve been that guy at many a function!
I was "that girl" the other night. Watched the first three innings of our game against Southern Miss on my phone while eating dinner at Narcoossee's, one of Disney World's "signature" dining experiences. My husband didn't mind, and our server was a Miss St grad, so she was interested in scores.

Not a lot of chatter yet but here is their message board...

I’m simply surprised that Evansville has a freaking message board.

No my husband has been out of the army for over 2yrs now lol. I’d like to change my sn here but do t think it’s possible. Anywho, I’m actually looking forward to the bbq. I’m always happy with free food haha.
You can stream it on your phone or at least listen to Wilkerson's call on the 99.1 sports animal app.

No my husband has been out of the army for over 2yrs now lol. I’d like to change my sn here but do t think it’s possible. Anywho, I’m actually looking forward to the bbq. I’m always happy with free food haha.
message Freak. There used to be a @mad4vols and @GregAmsler on the board but they both went into the VN witness protection program.

Last edited:
“Everybody has a plan until they get hit in the mouth”

Indiana’s pitcher was going to shut us down. Then he got rocked (when he actually got the ball over the plate). Southern Miss was going to “get revenge”. 9 run loss.

Evansville will be scrappy and will compete. TN is better across the board. Like CTV says “we just need to play our game”.

Evansville is a team with a lot of older players on it. I don’t expect them to get rattled. I really think the ‘22 team’s Achilles heel was having things too easy. They wilted under pressure. I don’t think this year’s team will. They’ve been in many tight games and faced a gauntlet (not least of which was the SEC tourney). No team could win 2/3 from us at home this year to date. I don’t expect Evansville to either.

GBO!

Not a lot of posts but they seem pretty rational.
Their bandwagon fans haven’t found them yet😉

There are a few corporate seats in the row behind us. At Friday’s UT game, during the bottom half of the first, the people using the tickets arrived. One asked if batting practice was still going on.

I stole this from a poster in the NEED HELP forum.....

"You should be able to change it. Click your name at the top, then account details, then "Change" next to your name at the top of that page. Unless Freak has you locked down."

Even though he’s out of the army now, you can still be proud. Don’t change anything. We love you just the way you are !!

Q needs to be great for that. We are missing Saturday for a relative's 50th anniversary luncheon. Why couldn't ESPN put the #1 team in primetime!!!
I won’t pass up free food, plus there’s supposed to be fun and games for the kids so we’re kinda obligated to go. I will definitely sneak and stream on my phone when I can lol.

Their bandwagon fans haven’t found them yet😉

There are a few corporate seats in the row behind us. At Friday’s UT game, during the bottom half of the first, the people using the tickets arrived. One asked if batting practice was still going on.
We had someone behind us ask "Who is <player's name>?" when he pinch hit and the fans roared his name, and then they left early. And my wife heard someone say after So Miss changed pitchers - That's their third pitcher. How many do they have? SMH

If I change it, it would be PAW that way everyone still realizes who I am. Pretty much everyone refers me as such on here anyway lol.
"Proud Civilian Wife" kinda turns the page into the next chapter. There are so many PawPaws following Tennessee already.

How about putting together your best updated name choices, and setting up a poll during the sports lull between the final game in Omaha and the start of football summer camp? A sort of Vol community service...

"Proud Civilian Wife" kinda turns the page into the next chapter. There are so many PawPaws following Tennessee already.

How about putting together your best updated name choices, and setting up a poll during the sports lull between the final game in Omaha and the start of football summer camp? A sort of Vol community service...
I’ll think about it.

I’m unfortunately going to miss part of the game Friday due to my husbands company bbq. :(
I missed part of a game earlier to take out to dinner a couple who are important business connections for wifey's company. Sometimes things just happen. It will be ok. Fortunately the dinner was great. And there are sometimes replays and always highlights and the part of the thread you miss, if you want to go that way after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back