The Official Florida @ Tennessee Weekend Series Thread (Thurs. 4/6 8PM EST) ESPNU (Fri. 4/7 7PM EST) SEC Network (Sat. 4/8 2PM EST) ESPN 2

One of the hardest things to develop is aggressive patience at the plate. Working pitchers. Foul off out pitches and punish mistakes. It is hard to have confidence to let a good strike by and wait for the mistake without losing the rhythm of your swing.

We aren’t there yet. Need to get hits when runners are on. Still a long season, and I believe we will get there.

Now, I getting to bed. I drive to the great state of TN tomorrow, and hope to see some of y’all at the stadium Saturday! (First game in years!)

Go Vols!

Things need to come together for this team, fast. Otherwise, this will not be an enjoyable season. Thus far, the chemistry just has not been there.

I have a feeling that Tony is going to have a nice ass chewing session after this game. The lack of not wanting to swing the bat is concerning. Pathetic performance at the plate tonight. I’m glad baseball is played in a series and they get another chance the next two days because that was not how you play baseball tonight.

Who is the hitting coach for Tennessee?

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
Elander should rip into his hitters for a pathetic performance at the dish tonight.

Number 8 for Florida looked like Greg Maddux tonight.
The kid does have some good stuff but not even trying to protect the plate with 2 strikes shows me they were not dialed in. We have great hitters in the lineup and I know Elander and Tony teach them to be aggressive so I truly have no idea what was going on tonight.

Umm, 20 baserunners and only 2 hits with runners on? Is that for real?

Biggest difference between this year and last, to me, is that our hitters really worked pitchers last year. Saw a ton of pitches. Got a ton of two strike hits and two out RBIs. Got to bullpens early and the. Punished opponents.

This team? Lots of talent, nowhere near the experience. Don’t deliver in the clutch (yet.) They will keep growing, but they need to relax and have fun, taste success and have more fun. Then we will all have fun.

Last season's lineup was a veteran laden lineup and this year's batting lineup is younger and they are still looking for their role within this squad.

LSU now 6-4 after almost getting run ruled at SC. They ain’t all that.

Right now, LSU does not have the pitching staff of a CWS winner.

They may have the best pitcher in the game but they drop off after that.

the 2023 SEC (especially the east division) may be the greatest conference of all time. Kentucky has one of their best teams of all time and they likely will not finish in the top half.

LSU, Arkansas, Florida, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, and eventually Tennessee have national seed level skill, talent and coaching. The only teams with no realistic shot at postseason success are Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, and Ole Miss would excel in most other conferences and only Mississippi State and Missouri are bad teams,.

Reactions: feathersax
A few weeks back. The coaches shook up the lineup and I would not be surprised to see some real shake ups for at least one game.

Like I said in this thread. Christian Scott off all guys was the only player who had a plan at the plate. Some changes were made tonight and I bet they go further on Friday.

Worse, the batters are making poor plays or decisions in the field or running the bases. Some of the guys on the bench may not hit as well but they may be better fundamentally in field and running bases.

The big time portal guys are REALLY struggling right now. Well, at least 2 of them. Maybe that speaks to how tough the SEC really is.

We are all spoiled from the last 3+ years. 5 years ago, we would have been thrilled to be sitting where we are.

The one rule in college baseball and the MLB i would like to see changed is a minimum of two years in college before you can be drafted. It would make the college game that much better and at the same time may improve the minor leagues on up to the big league better.

It is a three-year minimum right now.

Missouri is 3-9 in SEC play...Only 3 wins was a sweep agaisnt us. I'll say it again, this team is probably good, but not a Omaha or even a Super Regional team. I now question if we even make the SEC tourney...lol

Hate to say it but Dickey hit better at the 1 hole(but ran us out of innings lol); CMO looked WAY better in the 2hole.. Denton comfortably in the 9 hole
1. JD
2. CMO
3. BB
4. MA(before tonight .387 with RISP)
5.DD(seemed better 5-7 spot)
6. GM(I’m guessing he gets another run)
7.HE
8. CS
9. ZD

MAYBE even put hunter in the 6 spot move Scott to 7 and put KT at 8th once he’s healthy

VN Store

Back