The Official Florida @ Tennessee Weekend Series Thread (Thurs. 4/6 8PM EST) ESPNU (Fri. 4/7 7PM EST) SEC Network (Sat. 4/8 2PM EST) ESPN 2

Yeah, I’ve thought long and hard about the schedule the SEC weaved for us. I came to a conclusion that it was more than likely an intentional means of trying to put us in a hole early that we’d be unable to dig out of. I think it will serve this team well in that we will have been through the hardest possible gauntlet of games ever, and it will pay dividends postseason.
There's an SEC scheduling rule that states you cannot go two years in a row not playing a team. Since we didn't play AR, LSU or A&M last year, they had to be on our schedule this year.

We are the worst team in SEC, my bad, that is LSU. They should have been run ruled their last two games. We can’t hit. Oh my bad we did almost score 20 runs last Saturday. I just wonder what some of you guys expectation was going into the season. We are playing what any logical person would say is the toughest four week stretch in the history of college baseball.
And if some of you say Missouri was not a big deal then you really have no clue. I have Coached in it and when it is 20° and sleeting which it was it is really hard to play the game of baseball.

Agree @ preacherman. Baseball is different than every other sport, esp football. One game over 500 over the next three to four series would be a success imo. This roster has talent and it will take time. Let’s just support this team and see where we are 4 -6 weeks from now.

There's an SEC scheduling rule that states you cannot go two years in a row not playing a team. Since we didn't play AR, LSU or A&M last year, they had to be on our schedule this year.
which means we should not have to endure that group next year. If we can win the championship every other year...I'm good with that.

Still raining in K-Town. I have a commitment at Church, Good Friday Service, but will catch up if the game is on-going. I am 100% supportive of shaking up the schedule and making it clear that the best mix of players will get the most play time. The "looking" strikes have got to be addressed. We have an excellent pitching coach and know he is working on that part of the game. Sloppy errors and base running mistakes also have to be fixed. I look at this team as a raw gem that is going to need a lot of polish. And I support all involved in being polished and doing the polishing 100%.

I’ve often thought how hard it would be to be a parent of one of these players, knowing a bunch of the others and their families, and hang out on this board. While this board is better than most, we can be relentless.

Appreciate your presence here, and your contributions. (You too, @greasemachine, just stay on the couch the rest of the series, please. 😉)
Well said. I wish more folks would think about this before posting. 🍊👍😀👊😃🍊

VN Store

Back