The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That ump is making our pitchers throw to the heart of the plate, but he is not causing the errors and yes Burke should have caught that ball. It was a routine catch for a first baseman.
When umps have tight zones like this, it’s pretty much essential to have a guy with nasty stuff. Heat and a good off speed. Unfortunately we don’t really have a guy with nasty stuff this year

Reactions: Redleg68
Power teams don’t usually play well in Omaha. Why our pitching is getting annihilated? No idea. But they haven’t really done that before today. Texas hung 8, but this is the most we’ve ever given up under tony here.

Biggest concern for me all year has been our pitching mostly because we lack the pure talent and stuff that the staff in 2022 and 2023 had. I don’t think anyone would really dispute that fact. FA did a hell of a job getting this staff to perform as well as it did all year long, but I have always been concerned that when we deep into June against better teams we would be susceptible to something like this happening. There is no Burns, Dollander, Andrew Lindsey, Ben Joyce, etc.

That being said, our pitching hasn’t been great this game but we shouldn’t be down 5. We should be down like 1 if not for awful defense.

Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight. But I think it was the right decision. It was really poor fielding along with a tight strike zone that did him in. He was throwing good stuff when he came out. Just lost some confidence when his defense let him down and Ump was making him work hard for his Ks.

Defense can’t give any team in the World Series extra outs. Vols have flirted with danger much of post season play making stupid errors. This game is about our defense giving their opponent extra outs - not ready to play at all.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
At this point, Tony should’ve left Stamos in. He’s playing carousel with the pitchers like he did in the first game against Vandy in the SEC tournament.
No he shouldn’t have. Causey got out of that inning with one run. That was 100% the right call

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back