The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, Tony should’ve left Stamos in. He’s playing carousel with the pitchers like he did in the first game against Vandy in the SEC tournament.
Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight. But I think it was the right decision. It was really poor fielding along with a tight strike zone that did him in. He was throwing good stuff when he came out. Just lost some confidence when his defense let him down and Ump was making him work hard for his Ks.

Our defense is like a lot of college basketball teams that don’t value offensive possessions. Our defense doesn’t value defense.

Reactions: Pennheel
Whatever happens in Omaha whatever. But please hit the portal hard for pitching when it's all over. I'm not saying it's all over, maybe this game is but the tournament isn't. But please hit the portal hard for more arms this off-season.
Just not enough guys throwing overpowering stuff. We finesse people. And finesse gets you canned against some teams.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
A lot of people looking stupid who screamed about ERA and numbers all year. Pitching is very pedestrian and has been all year.

I’ve been reamed for just saying the offense would have to carry us in postseason.
It’s the fielding dude…..not the hitting or the pitching….are you watching?

Not much CTV can do. Our Achilles heel is showing (pitching). Add in atrocious fielding and we cooked.

The fact that we have had the season we have had with the pitching we have had is a testament to CTV and CFA.
#3 ERA in the country. Pitching sucks today, but they’ve **** the bed today. This isn’t who they are.

Power teams don’t usually play well in Omaha. Why our pitching is getting annihilated? No idea. But they haven’t really done that before today. Texas hung 8, but this is the most we’ve ever given up under tony here.

Our hitting has been fine. Not a lot of flyouts that you would expect from power teams. We adjusted well at the plate.

Our pitching and defense on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back