The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest concern for me all year has been our pitching mostly because we lack the pure talent and stuff that the staff in 2022 and 2023 had. I don’t think anyone would really dispute that fact. FA did a hell of a job getting this staff to perform as well as it did all year long, but I have always been concerned that when we deep into June against better teams we would be susceptible to something like this happening. There is no Burns, Dollander, Andrew Lindsey, Ben Joyce, etc.

That being said, our pitching hasn’t been great this game but we shouldn’t be down 5. We should be down like 1 if not for awful defense.

Exactly. The fact that our pitching staff has done as well as it has statistically is a testament to CFA.

Against a hot team like FSU, we needed to play near perfect defense and touch up their ace. The former not showing up is surprising (and the deathnail) while the latter has been reasonable given the ballpark.

No amount of “approach changing” would have made any difference to this point of the game.

Tony hasn’t won a game One in the World Series. I’d bet he has used the same approach. And yes changing your approach as a coach does in fact change things - same for players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back