The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony hasn’t won a game One in the World Series. I’d bet he has used the same approach. And yes changing your approach as a coach does in fact change things - same for players.
No he switched it up before and it backfired. That's why he's leaving it all the same this time. No need to guess wrong when he's actually said these things

Feels like that was the chance to really get back into it. Not very confident we get it close now. Still a long way to go but just not having a good feeling about it

Ump needs to not show up Moore first. Don’t tell him to get back in the box.

For sure. Bat at the end of the day he has the power. Take your hit and get on base, no need to turn back and bark at him; especially when you’re getting your butt whipped.

Tony hasn’t won a game One in the World Series. I’d bet he has used the same approach. And yes changing your approach as a coach does in fact change things - same for players.

Statistically insignificant. The outcome of prior game ones has no impact on game one today. He has a veteran heavy lineup that has not shown up today defensively. They’ve played like a group of freshmen on the big stage for the first time.

If I was a good high school pitcher I wouldn't even think about coming to Tennessee. You let two batters reach base in an inning and you get yanked. I've never seen a coach pull the string so quickly. Pitchers need to get in a rhythm and a feel for the game. Stamos got pulled after 8 pitches, even when the defense was the one to let him down. Baffling really. I first noticed this practice in the regionals. Note how FSU's pitcher is still in the game even though we've scored 4 runs.

Reactions: RockyTop140 and tbh
No he switched it up before and it backfired. That's why he's leaving it all the same this time. No need to guess wrong when he's actually said these things
It’s always a good thing to pull your starting pitcher after 8 friggin pitches. Shows you got confidence in your guys. NOT.

If I was a good high school pitcher I wouldn't even think about coming to Tennessee. You let two batters reach base in an inning and you get yanked. I've never seen a coach pull the string so quickly. Pitchers need to get in a rhythm and a feel for the game. Stamos got pulled after 8 pitches, even when the defense was the one to let him down. Baffling really. I first noticed this practice in the regionals. Note how FSU's pitcher is still in the game even though we've scored 4 runs.
You can be mad but don’t be stupid

Can’t believe the Vols haven’t hit a cpl home runs since you know most of their home runs in post season would have been out in Omaha.

What gives? Dead ball?

lol.
To be fair, Arnold has only allowed 6 HRs all year and Omaha is a big stadium. So both those factors working against us.

When we start bickering with the ump is usually when I know we are cooked. 2021 CWS. 2022 Notre Dame. Like clockwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back